Andhra Pradesh News on February 25, 2014
February 25, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Police accords permission to KCR rally
Hyderabad police have accorded permission to the proposed huge rally on February 26 to TRS president K Chandrasekhara Rao. The TRS president will be arriving Shamshabad by special flight. Chandrasekhara Rao is organizing a huge rally from there to Martyrs statue. TRS cadre plans to shower flowers from helicopter.
- Will make Seemandhra another Singapore', says TDP chief Naidu
Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president Nara Chandrababu Naidu said that if the party is voted to power, he will make Seemandhra as another Singapore. Naidu said that his predictions of PRP merger with Congress have taken place. He said that YSRCP will be merged with Congress after elections and TRS before elections, he predicted.
- Simultaneous elections for both Lok Sabha and Assembly is on the cards
Election Commission sources on Tuesday indicated that elections for both Lok Sabha and Assembly will be conducted simultaneously in the current pattern.
Election schedule will be likely issued in between March 4 to 6 and elections results will be announced by third week of May. The division process cannot be completed within the stipulated time and elections will be conducted on the existing pattern, said sources.
- Legal issues may crop up by merger of some of the Bhadrachalam villages in Seemandhra, says Marri Sashidar Reddy
National Disaster Management vice president Marri Sashidar Reddy said that merging of some villages from Bhadrachalam to Seemandhra may give scope for legal complications.
- Meeting with Kiran Kumar Reddy is a courtesy call', says APNGOs association president
APNGOs association president Paruchoori Ashok Babu speaking to media after meeting the Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy said that it is only a courtesy call. He said that Kiran Kumar Reddy has not told of launching of political party. He said political parties have deceived the people in the division issue.
- Government issues GO hiking Municipal worker salaries
The State Government on Tuesday issued a GO hiking the salaries of Municipal workers said CITU leader Bhaskar. The revised salaries are as follows: GHMC workers will get Rs.8,500, Workers in Municipalities will get Rs.8,300 and Town and Panchayat workers will get Rs.7,300.
- TDP to organize 'Praja Garjana' on Wednesday
Telugu Desam Party will organize a 'Praja Garjana' on Wednesday and TDP MLA P. Ashok Gajapati Raju is supervising the arrangements. TDP president Nara Chandrababu Naidu is attending the meeting.
- Seeks national status to Pranahita –Chevella projects
NEW DELHI: Former MP Vinod said on Tuesday in New Delhi that they have requested the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to give national status to Pranahita and Chevella projects. He said that the Prime Minister has given assurance to develop Hyderabad. He said that 90 per cent of the cadre has opined not to merge TRS with Congress.
- Chief Secretary constitutes high level committee on division process
Andhra Pradesh Chief Secretary PK Mohanty appointed an 8 member high level committee to look into administrative affairs in the division process. Senior IAS officer Takkar will head the committee.14 sub-committee have been formed to go into the affairs in police, revenue, buildings, financial matters etc.,
- Two TDP MLAs to join TRS
Chevella MLA KS Ratnam, Tandur MLA P. Mahender Reddy Belonging Ranga Reddy district on Tuesday announced in Delhi that they will be joining TRS. The announcement came after they met the TRS president K Chandrasekhara Rao.
- CPI State Secretary Narayana meets Governor on Anganwadi problems
Communist Party of India (CPI) State Secretary K Narayana along with All India Anganwadi Workers general secretary Vijayalakshmi on Tuesday met Governor ESL Narasimhan. They apprised the Governor that they were on the agitation mode for the last eight months for achieving their demands but of no vain. They urged him to interfere and see that they be paid a minimum of Rs12,500 salary along with other demands.
- Kiran names 'Jai Samaikyandhra' for his political party
Former Chief Minster N Kiran Kumar Reddy who is floating a new political party in the State in addition to YSRCP and TDP named as "Jai Samikhayndhra'. However, an official announcement has to be made.
- Congress high command meets leaders from both the regions.
In an effort to announce the name of a new Chief Minster acceptable to the leaders of the both the regions, AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh is meeting today in New Delhi. Meanwhile, sources said that the party high command is entrusting this to a leader belonging to Kapu community. Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi is meeting Sonia Gandhi today while Union Minister Killi Kruparani has been invited to meet Sonia Gandhi.
- Five IAS seniors in Chief Secretary post-race
With the term of the current Chief Secretary PK Mohanty that expires by the end of the month, General Administration department prepared a list of five candidates for the post.
Sources said that the names of IYR Krishna Rao, Rajesh Bhattacharya, Smt. Chandra Khan, J. Ramanand and Lakshmi Parthasarthy Bhaskar names were in the seniority list.
In the present political crisis situation, the GAD may wait for a couple of days before a new Chief Minster takes place.
- IT officials conduct raids at the residence of Congress MLA Buchepalli Siva Prasad Reddy
PRAKASAM: Income Tax officials on Tuesday conducting raids at the residence of former MLA and YSRCP leader Buchepalli Siva Prasad Reddy at Cheemakurti. Details are awaited.
- School Head Master arrested on sexual harassment
ANAKAPALLI: A school head master working in Pisinigadi mandal in Anakapalli Brahmaji was assaulted by the people on the charges of sexual harassment on a fifth standard student. Later he was handed over to police.
- Dr. T. Ravi Raju takes over as VC of NTR University
VIJAYAWADA: Dr T Ravi Raju on Monday assumed charge as the new Vice-Chancellor of Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences. After assuming charge from Dr IV Rao, he said that he visited several national and international universities and will take up actions that bring quality education in the University.
- Jagan Mohan Reddy inaugurates party training camp
YSRCP president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on Tuesday inaugurated the party training camp. The training camp that last two days includes coming elections, election publicity and others will take place. Jagan addressed the party cadre.
- Union Minister of State for Tourism Chiranjeevi has met with Congress general secretary in-charge for AP Digvijay Singh in New Delhi today. The meeting gained prominance as Congress is in the process of finalizing whether to form Government in Andhra Pradesh or to enforce President's rule.