Andhra Pradesh News on February 2, 2014
February 2, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Multi-level car parking to come up at Tirumala at a cost of Rs.50 crore
The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam Board at its meeting on Sunday resolved to construct a multi-level car parking at Tirumala at a cost of Rs.50 crore. The Board decided to make Sahasranama Mala with a cost of Rs.11 crore. It resolved to make Vakshasthala Lakshmi to Sri Kalyana Venkateswara Swamy at Srinivasa Mangapuram at a cost of Rs.64 lakhs, construction of Anna Prasada Bhavan at Trichanoor at a cost of Rs.5 core. The Board also resolved to construct amenities complex at Mattepalli near Lakshmi Nrusimha Swamy temple in Nalgonda at a cost of Rs 1.4 crore. The board also resolved to constitute new Local Advisory committee for New Delhi and Hyderabad information centres on lines of Chennai.
- Kanchi Sankaracharya, Sri Jayendra Saraswati rushed to hospital
The Kanchi Sankaracharya, Sri Jayendra Saraswati was rushed to a private hospital in Nellore on Sunday after he complained of drowsiness and weakness. Doctors at the Jayabharat Hospital where he was admitted said that 'Swamiji is recovering and his condition is stable but the sugar levels are a little low', they said. The 79 year old Swamiji is being attended by cardiologist Dr Bhaktavatsala Reddy, neurophysician Umamaheswara Rao and a host of doctors.,/li>
- Rajya Sabha Member V Hanumantha Rao unveils Sonia Gandhi statue
After unveiling Sonia Gandhi statue at Indira Park in Hyderabad as a mark of gratitude for giving Telangana State, V Hanumantha Rao said that the Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy is floating rumours. He dismissed the contention of Kiran that Seemandhra people in Hyderabad will not have security and said that he is floating rumours. Telangana Congress MPs, Ministers and other leaders participated in the function.
- 'Nobody has any right to ask to leave Hyderabad', says Venkaiah Naidu
Addressing a gathering at Ananthapur, BJP will stand by the people in Hyderabad. People of all regions are staying in Hyderabad and nobody has any right to ask them to leave. Venkaiah Naidu said that BJP will do justice to the people in the regions of Rayalaseema and Coastal Andhra. He wanted that ITIR should be established in Visakhapatnam. He wanted IITs and IIMs should be established in Seemandhra. Venkaiah Naidu opined that had Seemandhra Congress leaders expressed the same much earlier, the present situation should have been appointed. He charged the Congress that encouraging regional disharmony between the people of these two regions.
- VRO and VRA written examination will be held today
APPSC is conducting Village Revenue Officer (VRO) and Villager Revenue Assistants (VRA) examination. It will be held today across the State on February 2. As many as 13,49,244 candidates have applied for VRO and 1,00,575 have applied for VRA examination. VRO examinations will be held in 3684 centres and 195 centres for VRA examination. VRO examination will be held from 10am to 12 noon and VRA will be held from 3pm to 5pm. Primary key will be released on February 4 and final key on February 10. Results will be announced on February 20. Certificates verification will be taken up from February 26 and recruitment will be completed by the end of February.
- YSRCP plenary today
YSRCP second plenary session will be organized at Idupulapaya in Kadapa district on Sunday. Convener of YSRCP Organizational Elections Umareddy Venkateswarulu announced the party's organizational election schedule and commencement of the nomination filing process at Idupulapaya on Saturday. The party's honorary president YS Vijayamma chaired the party Central Governing Council meeting at Idupalaya. 19 of the 29 CGC members attended. The election of party president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will be formal. It may be recalled that the first plenary session was held at Idupulapaya on July 8, 2011.
Jagan Mohan Reddy elected as YSRCP president unopposedYS Sharmila proposed the name of Jagan Mohan Reddy and supported by YV Subba Reddy and the election of YSRCP president Jagan Mohan Reddy became unanimous.
- New Delhi: TRS chief met Lok Janashakti party chief Ramvilas Paswan and sought his support of the Bill in the Parliament. He assure that he will get the support of other parties and added he was supporting Telangana cause since 1969.Earlier, he met RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav who said that it will support the Telangana Bill in Parliament. Yadav said that the resolution of the Assembly has no validity. JDU chief Shard Yadav wanted that peace should be restored in both Telangana and Seemandhra region and a solution should come out first responding to the appeal made by TRS president K Chandrasekhara Rao. .
Former Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh attended the meeting of Narendra Modi at Meerut. His presence gained importance at a time when news is in the air that he resigned to join in politics.
- Hyderabad:Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy will stage dharna on February 4 at Indira Gandhi ghat demanding the State united, said Vijayawada MP Lagadapati Rajagopal.
- Ananthapur: BJP senior leader M Venkaiah Naidu attended 'NaMo' Chai programme the programme to take the BJP concept to the people. Speaking on the occasion, he said a tea vendor can become the Prime Minister but one who sells the country should not become, he said.
- Chitoor: Police seized red sanders worth over one crore rupees. Police in an attempt to arrest the activities of red sander smugglers tried to chase a group of persons at Chinnaguttikalli mandal in Devarakonda forest areas. On sensing trouble, the smugglers left the sandal wood and escaped and police launched a hunt to nab them.
Madanapalle: A rally by IT professionals and NRIs has organized a bike rally with the slogan 'bring back Babu' on Sunday with the aim of brining TDP into power and make Chandrababu Naidu as Chief Minster.
- Visakhapatnam: Police seized 70 kgs of ganja while transporting in a car at Yellamanchili. The accused left the car and escaped.
Anakapalli police have registered 'Nirbhaya' case against one TV Channel reporter. Anakapalli Police Circle Inspector said that the accused has taken a minor girl belonging to Sabbavaram mandal to a lodge and violated her on the pretext of marrying her. The police registered a case and are investigating. They said that the girl was sent to hospital for medical examination.
- Srikakulam:Chief Electoral Officer Bhanwar Lal speaking to press said that Election Commission may announce notification by the end of February. He said that 72 lakh new voters were added to the present electoral.
- Siddipet (Medak): A fake person who is writing the VRO examination at the Government Degree College was caught and handed over to the police.
- Vemulavada; Pro-Telangana activists obstructed Union Minister for Tourism K Chiranjeevi who visited the temple town. They surrounded the convoy and raised 'Jai Telangana ' slogans.
- Vijayawada: On the eve of Cancer day, Roots Health foundation on Sunday organized 5K walk to create awareness on cancer.
- Guntur: A cotton farmer Venkateswarulu while going on his vehicle was allegedly kidnapped .His two wheeler and chappals were found at Tondapi, Muppala mandal in Guntur.
- Nellore Anam Ramanarayana Reddy said that no State was divided without Assembly resolution. He will meet the Congress leaders at New Delhi and also take out legal remedies. He ruled out the chances of winning Rajya Sabha seat by Independent candidate.
- Khammam: Maoists blasted a cell tower at Arlagudem in Dummagudem. The incident took place after the Superintend of Police Ranganath announced measures to stop their activities. The administration has lying roads with help of security personnel as that was obstructed by the Maoists.
- Kadapa-Iduplulapaya Idupulapaya: YS Jagan Mohan Reddy once again re-elected as President of YSRCP unanimously for the second time.
YSRCP honorary president YS Vijayamma in her inaugural speech accused Chandrababu Naidu and Kiran Kumar Reddy for on-going bifurcation of the State
Nellore MP Mekapati Rammohan Reddy announced in his speech that YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will tour in Telangana and the party would bag 60-70 seats in the region if the State is united..
YS Sharmila in her speech said that the people will shortly see the golden era shortly. She accused of the yellow media for their spitting venom on the party and its leaders.