Congress releases Seemandhra manifesto for 2014 elections
April 18, 2014 - Hyderabad
Union Minister for Rural Development Jairam Ramesh and APCC president N Raghuveera Reddy on Friday released the Congress party Manifesto for Seemandhra region. The event was attended by almost all senior congress leaders in the region. Prominent Congress leaders who attended the function include Union Minister and Rajya Sabha member K Chiranjeevi, Rajya Sabha member KVP Ramachandra Rao, former ministers Anam Ramanarayana Reddy, P Sailajanath, Dokka Manikya Vara Prasad among others.
The salient features of the manifesto are:
- Free colour Television Sets with dish connection,
- 100 sq. yards of site immediate after the birth of a girl child and construct the house at the time of the child's marriage
- Free laptops to college students
- Priyadarshini scheme along with Bangaru Talli
- No power tariff hike in the next five years
- Scrapping of loans to SHGs
- Free 9 hours power day time supply to farmers
- Free electricity to those to domestics users who consume 100 units
- Enhancement of retirement age to 60 years
- Creation of Rs.5,000 crore corpus fund for farmers
- Implementation of BC Sub-plan.