Andhra Pradesh News on April 29, 2014
April 29, 2014 - Hyderabad
- High Court directs Excise Officials not to arrest YSRCP candidate Venkataramana
HYDERABAD: The Andhra Pradesh High Court on Tuesday directed the Excise Officials not to arrest Ponnur Assembly constituency YSRCP contesting candidate Ravi Venkataramana. The interim orders have come from Justice Noothi Ramamohana Rao. Excise officials have seized liquor bottles at GT Textiles at Marripalem village in Yedlapalem mandal and named Venkataramana as accused no.3.
- Election code violation – Police books cases of five TV Channels
HYDERBAD: The police on Tuesday registered cases against five TV news channels under various sections of the People Representation Act for telecasting news relating in vole of election code.
- YSRCP activist dies as bulls run amok
KADAPA: A YSRCP activist Chenchaiah was killed when a pair of bulls drawing a cart became panic-stricken and ploughed into the crowed during a road show by YSRCP candidates in Nandalur in Kadapa district on Tuesday. He was hit by the bullock cart, died due to severe head injuries.
- Lok Satta chief road shows in the city
VISAKHAPATNAM: Lok Satta Party national president Dr. Jayaprakash Narayana will conduct road shows in the city on Wednesday. He would address his first road show at Gajuwaka at 5.30pm and leader would attend meetings at NAD, Akkayyapalem, Jagadamba and wind up his programmes with a meeting at Maddilapalem at 9.30pm.
- 'TDP clearing way to BJP', says Karat
VISAKHAPATNAM: CPI (M) Polit Bureau member Brinda Karat said on Tuesday that the TDP alliance with the BJP is giving the latter an opportunity to enter a traditionally secular State of Andhra Pradesh. 'The TDP, by its move, has become Telugu Destruction Party', said Karat. She said that there was no major difference with Congress and BJP on financial outlook, both were if favour of capitalists and foreign investment and less interested in the real welfare of the people. She termed that the Rahul Gandhi's manifesto was a copy of the BJP manifesto, she said.
- Vardhannapeta Ex-Congress MLA attempts suicide
VARDHANNAPETA: Vardhannapeta former Congress MLA Sridhar on Tuesday attempted to commit suicide by swallowing sleeping pills. Following the health condition became serious, he was rushed to a hospital and is being treated.
- All precautions were taken for seventh phase of polls', says DGP
DGP B Prasada Rao on Tuesday said that all necessary precautions have been taken for the smooth conduct of tomorrow polls. He said that 162 central Para-military forces and 59 APSCP company forces are deployed. He said that the services of 4 helicopters and 2 air ambulances are being used. Prasada Rao said that EC have identified 5990 centres as sensitive and 2702 as hyper-sensitive and 616 as most hyper-sensitive. Special arrangements have been made for the places of Adilabad, Khammam and Warangal where the presence of Maoist are on high side.
- Governor gives permission for prosecution of 34 officials
The Governor of Andhra Pradesh ESL Narasimhan has given permission to prosecute 34 officials allegedly involved in liquor syndicate scam. Governor's office has issued orders to this effect. It may be recalled that as many as 180 officers were facing allegations of their alleged involvement and the then government has acted on a biased way by transferring them to various places.
- Irregularities found in calendar and dairy sales of TTD
Tirumala: Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam authorities have found that an amount of Rs.8 lakhs were misappropriated in the sales of calendars and dairies in the year 2011-12. The authorities have placed five employees under suspension.
- Sarika files harassment case against MP Rajaiah
WARAGAL: Warangal MP Sirisilla Rajaiah's daughter-in-law Sarika filed a harassment case at Begampet Women Police station against him and his family members. In her complaint she stated that got married with Anil son of Rajaiah in 2006 and has three children. Her husband is having an extra-marital affair. She filed a petition in the VI Metropolitan Magistrate court and Begampet police registered a case basing on the directions of the court. The ACB of Begampet Manohar said that the issue will be brought to the notice of the Election Commission.
- President of India gives approval for dissolution of Assembly
NEW DELH: The President of India Pranab Mukherjee has given his approval for the dissolution of the State Assembly and a fresh proclamation of Central rule in the State following the recommendations of Central Cabinet. President's rule was imposed in Andhra Pradesh on 1 March this year after N Kiran Kumar Reddy resigned as chief minister following Parliament's nod for bifurcation of the state to create Telangana state.
- Jana Sena founder and film actor Pawan Kalyan will address a public meeting in Guntur district today. After finishing canvassing in Telangana, Pawan Kalyan will begin campaigning for TDP and BJP candidates in Seemandhra. Pawan Kalyan will address meetings at Narasaraopet at 11 am and Chilakaluripet at 12:30 pm.
- Stage has been set for the arrest of former minister Kolusu Partha Sarathi. It is known that a case has been booked against the former minister after police have seized Rs 40 lakhs at Vanasthalipuram in Hyderabad.
- Film actor Nara Rohit offered prayers at Lord Venkateswara Temple in Tirupati. Speaking to media later, Rohit said that he came to worship following the success of his latest film 'Pratinidhi'. Rohit will canvass for the party in Guntur district on May 2.
- Police seize 8 kilos of Ganja at Pottipadu checkpost in Krishna district. Two persons were arrested. The Ganja is being transported to Chennai from Visakhapatnam.
- Police have seized 1364 liquor bottles which were being transported illegally at Pamuru mandal in Prakasam district. Two persons were taken into custody.