Andhra Pradesh News on April 28, 2014
April 28, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Three more arrested in PGMET scam
The CID officials on Monday arrested three more persons allegedly involved in the PGMET scam. The arrested included the prime accused Rajagopal along with Setu Madhava Rao and the 40th rank holder Chandu.
- Former Union Minister Kavuri Sambasiva Rao resigns Congress
HYDERABAD: Former Union Minister Kavuri Sambasiva Rao on Monday resigned Congress party. He said that he will be joining TDP on May 1 at a public meeting in presence of Narendra Modi at Bhimavaram.
- Court orders police to register a case against Pawan Kalyan
A local court on Monday ordered the police to register a case against Jana Sena founder and cine actor Pawan Kalyan for his alleged derogatory remarks on TRS president K Chandrasekhara Rao.
- OU students take out a rally against TRS chief
HYDERABAD: Osmania University students on Sunday took out a rally against TRS president K Chandrasekhara Rao in protest against his statement of regularizing contract workers if voted to power. They raised protest slogans at the convoy of Chandrasekhara Rao when he came as part of election campaigning.
- High Court directs CID not to act on red-corner notice issued against KVP Ramachandra Rao
The Andhra Pradesh High Court dealing with a petition filed by Rajya Sabha member Dr.KVP Ramachandra Rao directed the CID not to take action on the red-corner notice and arrest warrants till directions from the Court. It ordered issuances of notices to Central Government, CBI and Ministry of External Affairs. The court said that under article 21of the Constitution, the issuance of red-corner notice is violative and said that the Supreme Court judgments were very clear in earlier occasions.
- Election Commission clarifies on Allagadda elections
Election Commission of India in a letter to the YSRCP clarified that the election of Shoba Nagireddy (who expired in a car accident) said that they will conduct by-election in case she gets majority. EC clarified that the votes polled to the deceased candidate are valid.
- 'My campaign is for Narendra Modi', says Pawan Kalyan
NIZAMABAD: Jana Sena founder Pawan Kalyan addressing a gathering said that he has no special liking for TDP and his campaign for the victory of Narendra Modi. He said that BJP will stand by for the development of Telangana and reminded that earlier he fought against TDP.
- Court permits Jagan to visit Dehradun
HYDERABAD: Dealing with a petition filed by YSRCP chief Jagan Mohan Reddy, a CBI court has on Monday permitted Jagan Mohan Reddy to go to Dehradun. He may likely to go abroad in between May 10 to 15.
- Intermediate first year advanced examinations from May 15
HYDERABAD: Intermediate Board on Monday that released the results of the first year said that 55.84 per cent students have successfully completed the first year examination in which girls recorded 60.52 per cent while boys recorded 51.37 per cent. It announced that advanced supplementary examination will be held from May 15 and wanted students to pay examination fee by May 6. The first year marks memos will be sent to the respective colleges in a couple of days.
- TDP suspends rebel candidates
HYDERABAD: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) on Saturday suspended eight leaders — Anitha Sakuru (Bhimili), Kumbha Ravi Babu (Araku), Dr P Babji (Palacole), Kottu Satyanarayana (Tadepalligudem), Varma (Pithapuram), Balli Durga Prasada Rao (Gudur), Jitender Goud (Guntakal) and Durga Prasada Rao (Kadapa). While six leaders are contesting against the party's official nominees, two candidates in Rayalaseema are taking on BJP candidates.
- Stage has been set for Kavuri Sambasiva Rao to join BJP
HYDERABAD: The stage has set for the former Union Minister Kavuri Sambasiva Rao to join BJP. Sources said that he will be joining BJP in presence of Narendra Modi on May 1 at Bhimavaram public meeting.
- Police begins probe into the fire accident in the Secretariat
HYDERABAD: Police began their probe into the fire accident at the Secretariat on Sunday night basing on the footage of the CCTVs. It may be recalled that important files belonging to the distribution of IAS, IPS and IRS officers in the back drop of the division of the State were destroyed in the fire accident. Some employee association leaders expresses their doubts over the incident.
- Social justice is only possible with Cognress', says Jairam Ramesh
HYDERABAD: Social justice is only possible with Congress, said Union Minister Jairam Ramesh. He said that all round development of Telangana is only possible with Congress and expressed confident that Congress will form the Government in Telangana.
- TDP complains to Election Commission
HYDERABAD: TDP Rajya Sabha member CM Ramesh and Kadapa MP contestant Srinivasa Reddy complained to Election Commission stating that the polling in Pulivendula, Lingala and Jammalamadugu are on one sided. They said that 75 polling was being recorded in every election in these areas and wanted the EC to conduct elections in a democratic manner. They alleged that the SP is showing favouritism to one political party.
- Prohibitory orders issued
HYDERABAD: The City Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma has issued Prohibitory orders against assembly of persons and any kind of processions, carrying of sticks either with or without flags, lathis, fire-arms or any other weapon within a raidus of one kilometre form the polling stations and erection of temporary structures like pandals . He said use of mikes or public address system by anybody or any political party; music, singing or speeches and broadcasting; exhibition or dissemination of pictures, symbols, placards or anything which is likely to create religious animosity or hatred between different communities are also banned. Any person violating the order will be liable for prosecution.
- The first year intermediate results will be released today. An advisor to the Governor will announce the results at 3 pm today. Marks along with grades will be available to candidates. Students can call 1100 from a BSNL landline phone and 18004251110 from other landline and mobile phones to get results. The second year results will be announced on May 2nd or 3rd.
- They key for PGMET 2014 entrance test for admission into medical colleges will be released today. Exam was held at 24 centres across the State and was conducted by Dr. NTR Health Sciences in Vijayawada.