Andhra Pradesh News on April 27, 2014
April 27, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Amalapuram will be developed on the lines of Kerala', says Viswaroop
Former Minister and YSRCP contesting candidate for Amalapuram Lok Sabha, P Viswaroop said that he would ensure to make the constituency on the lines of Kerala where here the coconut production is similar to that of Kerala. He said that they will conduct a thorough study of the developmental programmes there at for implementation in Amalapuram, said Viswaroop.
- Sonia Gandhi was forced to travel on road due to snag in her helicopter
HYDERABAD: AICC president Sonia Gandhi on Sunday has to travel on road due to some technical snag in the helicopter she was supposed to travel. The officials wanted her to travel by Government helicopter which she refused due to the existence of election code.
- Tanuku former MLA Bapinneedu expired
TANUKU: Tanuku former MLA Chitturi Bapinneedu (78) on Sunday passed away due to heart attack. He was elected in 2004 Assembly on Congress ticket and the final rites will be held on Monday according to his family members.
- TRS MLA Harish Rao gives a days' time to Pawan Kalyan
HYDERABAD: TRS MLA Harish Rao gave a days' time to Jana Sena founder Pawan Kalyan to tender apology for his comments of that TRS sold party tickets for Rs.30 crores on Saturday. He said that if Pawan Kalyan fails to apolize for his comments, they would not hesitate to file a defamation suit against him, said Harish Rao.
- TDP general secretary Vijaya Lakshmi resigns
KADIRI: TDP State campaign general secretary Vijaya Lakshmi resigned from the party. Sources said that she will be joining the YSRCP shortly.
- Vijaya Sagar Babu joins YSRCP
AMARAVATHI: Congress party senior leader Nimma Vijaya Sagar Babu resigned Congress party and joined YSRCP along with 2000 followers.
- RM Lodha assumes as Chief Justice of India
RM Lodha on Sunday took oath as the Chief Justice of India. The President of India Pranab Mukherjee administered oath. Lodha is the 41st Chief Justice of India and will be in office till September 27, 2014.The term of Justice Sadasivam expires on Saturday.
- • UTRNUR: Police seized Rs.12 lakhs worth of wine during searches at Utnur in Mahabubnagar district.
• TDP Nara Lohit to participate in election campaign in West Godavari while YSRCP leader Sharmila in Chitoor, AICC president Sonia Gandhi at Ranga Reddy and Medak district.
• BHEEMUNIPATNAM- Boat overturned killing a fishermen at Bheemunipatnam in Visakhaptanm. Known for his sarcastic remarks and ridicules, BJP national leader Venkaiah Naidu said that Congress cannot be saved by any number of 'Chiranjeevis'. Criticizing Union Minister and Rajya Sabha member K Chiranjeevi, Venkaiah Naidu said that Chiranjeevi has merged his Praja Rajyam Party with Congress after criticizing it severely. He reminded Chiranjeevi that he had put his foot in a sinking ship. The whole nation wants Modi as Prime Minister and voters should look for TDP-BJP alliance for the development of State and nation, said Venkaiah Naidu.
- The PGMET 2014 will be conducted today in 24 centres across the State. As many as 15,194 students will take up the exam. It is known that the exam which was held earlier was cancelled as the paper was leaked.
- Governor ESL Narasimhan and his wife worshipped at the Tirumala temple today during the VIP break in the morning today.