Andhra Pradesh News on April 26, 2014
April 26, 2014 - Hyderabad
- TDP chief questions delay in arresting KVP Ramachandra Rao
MAHABUBNAGAR: Telugu Desam Party president Nara Chandrababu Naidu has urged the Governor ESL Narasimhan to direct the authorities concerned to arrest the Congress MP KVP Ramachandra Rao whose name allegedly figured in the US in the Titanium mining irregularities. Addressing impressive gatherings in Mahabubnagar district as part of his election campaigning, he said the time had come for the people to cast their vote against the Congress whose ten year rule had left a trial of irregularities in different sectors. 'I am prepared for an open debate on the development took place during the TDP rule and failures during the Congress rule', said Chandrababu Naidu.
- Janata Vikas Manch releases manifesto
VISAKHAATNAM: Janata Vikas Manch (JVM) released its AP People's manifesto on Saturday here. Releasing the manifesto, policy advisor and editorial advisor of JVM Sai Prasan noted that the member of a united Andhra Pradesh and they felt that the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance in collusion with BJP had let down people of Andhra radish by dividing the State. He said that in this back drop, the first point in the 11 point manifesto talks about making Hyderabad a permanent joint capital for both the States.
- 'Vote the Congress to power for all round development', says Prime Minister
BHONGIR (NALGONDA) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said that vote for the Congress at the Centre and in the State alone will ensure all round development and prosperity of the new State of Telangana. He said that the present juncture is crucial for Telangana and you have a crucial responsibility on hand. 'It is a very big responsibility as it alone will decide the policies and programmes of the new government. This will lay the road for how much development will take place in the new State', said Manmohan Singh.
- BJP leader Sushma Swaraj forced to go on road
WARANGAL: BJP senior leader Sushma Swaraj was forced to go on road following refusal of permission by authorities to fly in view of the flight plans of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The Prime Minister landed in the town around the same time, when Swaraj's chopper was to airborne. The chopper could not be permitted to take off due to air safety regulations.
- Intermediate first year results will be on Monday
HYDERABAD: Intermediate Board is making arrangement for the announcement of the first year Intermediate results at 3pm on Monday and if not on Tuesday. The second year results will be announced on May 2 or 3 according to sources.
- BJP supporters hurl eggs on Chiranjeevi
MASULIPATNAM: Some BJP supporters allegedly hurled eggs at Congress campaign committee chief K Chiranjeevi during a public meeting on Friday for his comments on Narendra Modi. During his speech earlier, Chiranjeevi said, "Modi is a tyrant. He is a Hitler. He had been deliberately sidelining a number of senior BJP leaders, including former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and party veteran L K Advani." Chiranjeevi alleged that BJP is a communal party and YSRCP has roots in criminal ideology. Police nabbed two suspect in connection with hurling of eggs.
- 'We will extend special status for residuary Andhra Pradesh to ten years', promises Venkaiah Naidu
RAJAHMUNDRY: BJP senior leader M Venkaiah Naidu who is campaigning for the victory of BJP-TDP candidates in a road show promised that BJP will extend the special status for residuary Andhra Pradesh to ten years. He said that everybody has equal right over Hyderabad and not any person. It was build and developed by all sections of the people, said Venkaiah Naidu. .
- Five member panel to recommend new capital
HYDERABAD: The Centre has constituted a five member experts'' committee that would study and recommend a new capital city for the residuary Andhra Pradesh. It will submit its recommendations before August 31. The committee comprises of KC Siva Ramakrishnan, Dr Rathin Roy, Prof.Jagan Shah and Prof.KT Ravindran. .
- 'Land purchased by former Minister Sailajanath is not valid', says court
ANANTHAPUR: Court directed the former Minister Sailajanath the disputed land purchased by his is not valid. It may be recalled that one Manjunath Naidu approached a court saying that the land purchased and got registered by the former minister of a disputed land is not valid and the court directed that the registration done is not valid. .
- Kothapalli Subbarayudu admitted to KIMS
Narsapuram YSRCP candidate Kothapalli Subbarayudu was admitted to KIMS hospital at Secunderabad following his severe illness. He was suffering from cardiac and respiratory problems. .
- '51% stage of Singareni belongs to Telangana', says Union Minister Jairam Ramesh
MANCHIRYALA: Speaking to press at Manchiryala in Adilabad, Union Minster Jairam Ramesh said that the 51 per cent of Singareni belongs to Telangana while the rest to Centre from June 2. He said that a Steel Plant will be established at Bayyaram in Khammam district and will provide 4000 mw power project for Telangana. He said that the retirement age will be enhanced from the present 58 to 60 years, said the Union Minister apart from creating one lakh jobs in two years. He said the Congress will regularize the contract workers who are having eight years of service. .
- BJP national leader M Venkaiah Naidu said Narendra Modi is the only leader who could provide stable government at the Centre. Venkaiah Naidu campaigned for the party in East Godavari district today. He appealed to the people to elect a leader keeping in view of the future of the State. Taking pot shots at YSR Congress Party, he said it would merge with Congress after the elections.
- A registration court in Anantapur has cancelled the registration of a land in dispute by former minister K Sailajanath. The former minister has bought some land in Adarshnagar, Anantapur that is in dispute and got it registered. Petitioner Manjunath Naidu approached the court pleading to cancel the registration since the land is in dispute.
- YSR Congress party leader in West Godavari Kothapalli Subbarayudu was admitted to Kims Super Speciality Hospital in Secunderabad. He is suffering from heart ailments and breathing problems. Kothapalli underwent bypass surgery last year. Meanwhile, his son Nani and former MLA Janaki Ram are campaigning on behalf of Subba Rayudu.