Andhra Pradesh News on April 22, 2014
April 22, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Congress attacks on Narendra Modi
NIZAMABAD: Former Congress president D Srinivas reacting over the comments of PM's candidate Narendra Modi that Telangana was not formed by anyone but with the sacrifices of the people said that BJP is making vote bank politics. He said that BJP when in power did nothing for the cause of Telangana. Had BJP carved Telangana State that time, the deaths of 1100 people should have been avoided, said Srinivas.
- Velagapudi Ramakrishna Babu is a criminal', says YSRCP leader Vamsikrishna
VISAKHAPATNAM: YSRCP leader Vamsi Krishna charged TDP Assembly contesting candidate Velagapudi Ramakrihna Babu is a criminal and said that he is A-2 in Vangaveeti Radhakrishna murder case. He said that he is making unnecessary complaints with the fear of defeat. It may be recalled that Vamsi Krishna Yadav is contesting for Assembly from Visakhapatnam West. 'KCR is a dictator', says Jairam Ramesh
- BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi addressed public meeting in Telangana today. The first meeting was held in Nizamabad in which film star and Jana Sena party founder Pawan Kalyan shared the dais with Modi.
- Returning officer serves notices to Balakrishna
SRIKAKULAM: Narasannapeta Returning Officer has served notices of election code violation to cine actor Nandamuri Balakrishna for conducting road shows without permission. He said that they had permission for organizing Polaki and Urlam and had not taken permission for road shows from Madapa Bridge to Narasannapeta via Satyavaram. He sought reply to the notices.
- Court extends interim stay orders to former minister Parthasarathy
HYDERAVAD: Justice S. Ravi Kumar on Monday extended the interim stay orders in the case pertaining to alleged FERA violations against former Minister K. Parthasarathy. This issue had the authorities of Election Commission closely scrutinising the papers filed along with the nomination papers and initiating action. Grants stay
Justice Ramesh Ranganathan of A.P. High Court on Monday stayed the orders of State Information Commission which had directed two private educational institutions to furnish the information sought by a citizen under Right to Information Act. The Judge was dealing with writ petitions filed by Hyderabad Public School and Loyola Academy.
- Court directs permission to Police for Praja Chaitanya Yatra
Justice Nuty Ramamohana Rao of AP High Court on Monday directed the police authorities to permit proposed “Praja Chaitanya Yatra” (Peoples’ awareness rally) programme in Telangana State by Vimalakka subject to some conditions. The judge said that the rally awareness programme shall begin after 8 a.m. and conclude by 6 p.m. every day and the programme must be peaceful. The judge was dealing with a writ petition filed by Vimalakka . She stated that the rally intends to create awareness among the public in utilizing their vote in a correct manner.
- TDP leader and Hindupur Assembly contestant Nandamuri Balakrishna address a meeting of party workers at Srikakulam today. He said the State could only be developed under leadership of Chandrababu Naidu. Balakrishna called on the party cadre to ensure victory of TDP contestants in the coming elections.
- Andhra Pradesh Congress Election Campaign Committee chairman and Union Minister K Chiranjeevi will begin his campaign tour in Seemandhra today. He will begin his tour from Gajuwaka in Visakhapatnam today and will conclude his tour at Anantapur. Campaign committee co-chairman Dokka Manikya Vara Prasad will accompany Chiranjeevi in the tour.
WARANGAL: Union Minister Jai Ram Ramesh termed TRS president K Chandrasekhara Rao as a dictator. He said that KCR is making politics with lies and is trying to deceive the people with false promises. He said that justice will be done to the Polavaram displaced families.