Andhra Pradesh News on April 19, 2014
April 19, 2014 - Hyderabad
- 25,300 polling centres are sensitive', says CEC Sampath
Chief Election Commissioner Sampath addressing the media on Saturday said that as many as 25,300 polling centres in the State have been identified as sensitive. Special protection have been place at these centres. Sampath said that Rs.101 crores of unaccounted cash has been seized in the State by registering 1142 cases. 29, 290 cases have been booked for illegal liquor related cases, he said.
- CPI names two candidates for Seemandhra
NEW DELHI: The Communist Party of India on Saturday announced former MLA Manam Anjaneylu for Visakhapatnam and Suryadevara Nageswara Rao for Vijayawada Lok Sabha seats. With this, the total number of candidates in the fray rose to 69.
- Omani national head for marrying two minor girls
HYDERABAD: An Omani national, Al-Madasari Rashed Masaaod Rashid (61) was arrested by police for marrying two minor girls in the city. Eleven other persons, including two qazis, a few brokers and parents of the girls were also held for their involvement while three other brokers who facilitated the marriage are absconding. It came to light on Friday after a 14 year old girl whose marriage was performed 20 days ago with the Omani national escaped from his flat in Banjara Hills and approached the police.
- Sharmila urges a chance for YSRCP
WARANGAL: YSRCP leader YS Sharmila addressing a road show meeting appealed the people to give her party a chance to bring back the golden era of former Chief Minister late Dr.YS Rajasekhara Reddy. She took part into road shows at Maripeda, Kuravi, Mahabubabad, Gudur and Narasampet in support of party candidates. She said a case against Rajiv Gandhi was closed stating that he was no more. But the Congress government has been foisting cases against Rajasekhara Reddy and has been harassing Jagan Mohan Reddy to no end. She said that Jagan Reddy will back the welfare schemes such as 108 ambulance service, Aarogyasri and others launched by her father Rajasekhara Reddy. .
- 'SUBHAPRADAM' in the state
TIRUPATI: Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam Joint Executive Officer Pola Bhaskar said that 'Subhapradam' a programme envisaged by TTD to sow the seeds of values in Hindu Sanatana Dharma in the young hearts. Addressing an awareness programme for the TTD nodal officers and Dharma Prachara Mandalis on Saturday said that summer camp for children would be organised and the last date for receiving applications from students is April25. The TT has so far received 24,000 applications from across the State, he said. .
- Union HRM Ministry seeks 500 acres site for IIT
HYDERABAD: The Union Ministry for Human Resources Development asked the State to identify a 500 acres for site for establishment IIT in Seemandhra which is well accessed with road, rail and air facility. The job of identifying the site is vested with the Governor. It may be recalled that the Centre has agreed to create IIT, IIM and Central Universities in Seemandhra following division of the State. .
- BJP senior leader Dattatreya invites Pawan for campaigning
HYDERABAD: BJP senior leader Bandaru Dattatreya on Saturday met Jana Sena chief and cine actor Pawan Kalyan and invited him for campaigning for the party in Secunderabad Parliament constituency which was accepted by the latter. The cine actor said that he will be participating in the BJP leader Modi's meeting in Hyderabad on April 22 and after that only he will be able to campaign in Secunderabad. .
- Former Congress MLA Geetla Mukunda Reddy expired
HYDERABAD: Senior Congress leader and former MLA Geetla Mukunda Reddy died on Saturday at Yashoda Hospital due to prostate cancer. He was elected as MLA from Peddapalli in Karimnagar district. He was in 1970 and 1976 elected as Sarpanch from Kunaram village and was elected President of Peddapalli in 1981. He contested continuously for seven times on Congress ticket from 1983 and one time from TRS ticket. He was elected as MLA even in NTR's wave and the former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi had invited him and congratulated over his victory even in the NT Rama Rao's wave.
- Common fee structure in Medical Education shortly
Admission Fee regulatory Authority shortly to submit a report on Medicine aspirants. The Andhra Pradesh Admission Fee Regulatory Committee will be shortly submitting a report to the government on the fee structure of medical education making a common fee structure irrespective of A,B and C categories. The annual fee would be likely Rs.5 to Rs.6 lakhs.
- Former Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy skips from contest
PILERU: Former Chief Minister and President of Jai Samaikyandhra Party skipped from contest. Though it is expected that he will contest from Piler from Chittoor district, his brother Kishore Reddy on Saturday filed nomination.
- BJP changes candidates in five constituencies
HYDERABAD: With the pressure from TDP, Bharatiya Janata Party on Saturday has changed the candidates in 5 constituencies in Guntakal, Kodumuru, Narasaraopet, Tadepalligudem and Santanutalapadu .
- Telugu Desam Party has announced that Ganji Chiranjeevi will contest Mangalagiri Assembly constituency in Guntur district. The constituency was initially allocated to Tulasi Ramachandra Prabhu. However, the party was forced to change its decision after Ganji Chiranjeevi's supporters staged protests on a large scale. The party has given B-form to him today.
- Produttur MLA Linga Reddy met TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu in the morning today. Linga Reddy expressed his disappointment at not being considered for party ticket.
- Film actor Hema to contest from Mandapeta
Cine actor Hema is beginning her political career by contesting from Jai Samikyandhra Party from her native Mandapeta Assembly segment. Hema (original name Krishna Veni) was born in Rajolu in East Godavari has acted in more than 250 films and earned fame as a natural actress. She is filing her nomination on Saturday.
- Senior journalist Papaiah Sastry no more
HYDERABAD: Senior Journalist Sivakoti Papaiah Sastry (78) died in Hyderabad on Friday. He was in the journalism filed for over 50 years. He started his journalist's career as a report in Deccan Chronicle in 1955 and worked as sub-editor in Andhra Jyoti in 1960-63 and staffer for Andhra Patrika in 1964-66, staff report for Andhra Prabha in 1967 and bureau chief in 1980-91. He worked as assistant news director in Doordarshan in 1994-2004.
- TDP announces sixth list of contesting candidates:
Pithapuram – Pothula Visweswra Rao, Peddapuram-NImmakayala Rajappa, Bhimavaram – P Anjaneylu, Sarvepalli – S Chandrasekhara Reddy, Anantapuram Urban – Prabhakar Choudhary.
- Election Commission serves notices
VIJAYAWADA: The Election Commission officials on Friday issued notices of poll code violation on Vijayawada Lok Sabha contestants Koneru Prasad of YSRCP and Kesineni Nani of TDP for allegedly distributing T-shirts. Returning Officer J Murali said a case was registered against them for allegedly distributing T-shirts.
Ongole: The EC officials have registered cases against Ongole MP candidate of YSRCP YV Subbareddy and Assembly candidate Balineni Srinivas Reddy for violation of election code in taking up a rally in violation.
- Today is the last day for filing nominations to contest elections to Assembly and Lok Sabha from Seemandhra. Several prominent politicians are expected to file their nominations today.
- Former Chief Minister and Jai Samaikyandhra chief Kiran Kumar Reddy will file his nomination for Pileru Assembly today.
- Telugu Desam Party has released its sixth list of candidates in Seemandhra.