Andhra Pradesh News on April 18, 2014
April 18, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Jagan petitions in a court seeking exemption from physical appearance
HYDERABAD: YSRCP chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy who is to appear before a court on April 25 petitioned seeking exemption from physical appearance. He stated in his petition that as head of a political party is in the election tour and requested the court of exemption. The court posted the case to April 22 for further hearing.
- AAP received more than a half a crore rupees as donations
NEW DELHI: Aam Admi Party that sought contribution of donations have received Rs.80 lakhs on Wednesday and Rs.35 lakhs on Thursday. It may be recalled that the Party is fighting against Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi.
- High Court keeps on hold the junior civil judgement written test
HYDERABAD: The test slated to be held on April 27 for appointments in the cadre of Junior Civil Judges was kept on hold. It may be recalled that on February 27, a notification has been issued for filling of 97 JCJs post and screening test is to be held on April 27. In the back drop of petitions to postpone the test following division of the State. The High Court Chief Justice committee has decided to take the opinion of the Supreme Court in this contest.
- Stop screening 'LEGEND' movie', YSRCP approaches EC
HYDERABAD: YSRCP leaders on Friday approached the State Election Commission with a request to stop screening of LEGEND movie acted by Nandamuri Balakrishna who is contesting for Hindupur Assembly seat. They alleged that the movie will influence the voters since the main hero of the movie is contesting in the current elections. It may be recalled that they have already approached the District Collector in this regard.
- YS Jagan means 'ASSURANCE' says Bharati
PULIVENDULA: YS Bharati wife of YSRCP chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy participating in the election campaign in Pulivendula on Friday said that YS Jagan mean 'Assurance' and the alternative of 'Assurance' is JAGAN. She said that YSRCP is enjoying the blessings of God and the voters will crown the party with power.
- One arrested in the attack of Kishore Chandra Deo vehicle
ARAKU: In the attack on the vehicle of Araku Congress MP contestant Kishore Chandra Deo on Thursday, police arrested rebel candidate Gangadhar Sway. It is alleged that they have attacked him while on his way to file nomination. Gangadhar filed his nomination as a rebel Congress candidate for the seat.
- YSRCP allots Bapatla to Dr.Amruthapani
HYDERABAD: The YSRCP has on Friday allotted Bapatla pending Lok Sabha seat to Dr.Amruthapani. Kodenti Chittibabu is allotted P Gannavaram (East Godavari) assembly seat while Adimulapu Suresh for Satanutapadu and G Venkatareddy is allotted Kondeti. With this all the candidates have been announced for Seemandhra Assembly and Lok Sabha seats.
- TDP sold party tickets ranking from Rs.5 crore to Rs.10 crore', alleges Prabhakar Choudhary
ANANTHAPUR: TDP leaders Prabhakar Choudhary, Mahalakshmi Srinivas alleged that the party sold party tickets ranging from RS.5 crore to Rs.10 crore. In a meeting with the party activists, they said that they spent Rs.l120 crore for the last 15 years for the party and questioned for injustice in denying party tickets. They said that they will contest as independents if were denied tickets.
- Purandeswari to fine nomination on Saturday
HYDERABAD: Former Minister and present BJP leader Daggubati Purandeswari said on Friday that she will file nomination for Lok Sabha from Rajampeta. She promised the people that she will develop on the lines that were done to Visakhapatnam.
- Chiranjeevi to campaign in Seemandhra from April 20
HYDERABAD: According to sources, Union Minister K Chiranjeevi will campaign for the victory of the party from April 20. He will kick off his campaign from Srikakulam.
- TRS is a black mail party', says Union Minister Jairam Ramesh
HYDERABAD: Union Minister for Rural Development Jairam Ramesh termed the Telangana Rashtra Samithi as a black mail party. Releasing the Seemandhra Congress manifesto at Indira Bhavan on Friday, he said that the main agenda of the party is to provoke and black main. He said whoever comes into power at the Centre has to fulfil the promises made for the development of Seemandhra.
- Police arrests former minister Parthasarthy wife on charges of transporting cash illegally
The Police during their raids on Friday arrested the Krishna district former Minister Pardhasarthy's wife Kamala while she was transporting cash to the tune of Rs.45.10 lakhs in APSRTC bus.
Kalama was travelling in an APSRTC bus from Kukatpally to Guntur in Vennela bus. During their raids, they found cash in her hand bag. She said that she was carrying the cash for payment of salaries to the staff and could show the supporting documents in support of her claim. However, she was let off on her personal bail and the cash has been handed over to IT department.
- Police books case against Congress candidate Sudheer Reddy
HYDERABAD : Police on Friday booked a case against Congress contesting candidate Sudheer Reddy on charges of distributing poll slips along with pamphlets. On directions from Election Commission, they slapped 171A cased against him.
- Cine actor and Hindupur TDP contestant Balakrishna meets Paritala Sunitha
HINDUPUR: Cine actor and TDP Hindupur contestant Balakrishna on Friday held discussions with Paritala Sunitha. It is reportedly discussed on the political situation. Speaking to media, he said that TDP will come into power in two States and he will take up state-wide campaign from Saturday for the victory of the party. He said that he will tour extensively in Hindupur from May 2 to 5.
- Police arrest three accused in Colombo kidney racket accused
HYDERABAD: The CCS police have taken three accused into custody and is reported that they were involved in the Colombo Kidney racket and they are on the hunt for the main accused.
- IMA announced 25 percent concession in fee
HYDEABAD: In an novel way to create awareness on the voters of their importance, Indian Medical Association Hyderabad North Block president Dr K Subhakar announced of 25 per cent discount in fee in all clinics. He said by showing the ink mark on the finger, they would be eligible for concession for one week for those who cast their vote on April 30.
- Giddalur MLA Anna Rambabu joins TDP
HYDERABAD: Giddalur MLA Anna Rambabu on late Thursday night joined TDP in presence of its president Nara Chandrababu Naidu who arrived Hyderabad.
- Venkaiah Naidu interferes in TDP alliance issue
HYDERABAD: With a view to put an end to the impasse on the TDP BJP alliance, BJP central leadership has asked senior leader M Venkaiah Naidu in the scene. Seemandhra BJP president K Haribabu and M Venkaiah Naidu rushed to Hyderabad as part of their efforts in the issue.
- TDP leader and Hindupur Assembly nominee Nandamuri Balakrishna has met Raptadu MLA Paritala Sunitha today. Speaking to media after the meeting, Balakrishna said that he would start state wide campaign from Tekkali on Saturday. He expressed confidence that the party would come to power in both Telangana and Seemandhra regions. Balakrishna would campaign extensively in Hindupur from May 2 to 5.
- Bharatiya Janata Party Seemandhra chief Kambhampati Haribabu left for Hyderabad to discuss alliance issue with Telugu Desam Party. It is known that the TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu has expressed his disappointment over the BJP candidates in Seemandhra.