Andhra Pradesh News on April 10, 2014
April 10, 2014 - Hyderabad
- TDP workers attack party office
GUNTUR: TDP activists on Thursday ransacked the party office in Guntur in protest against the allocation of Sattenapalli seat to former Minister Kodela Sivaprasada Rao. Enraged followers of TDP Yuuvatha district president A Malikharjun Rao damaged furniture and windowpanes of the office while shouting slogans against the former minister.
- Vignan Chairman Rattayya joins YSRCP
HYDERABAD: Vignan Educational institutions chairman Lavu Rattayya on Friday joined YSRCP in presence of its president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at Lotus Pond here. Speaking on the occasion, Rattayya said that there is a need for a strong leadership for the development of Seemandhra that prompted him join YSRCP.
In another shock to the Congress party, Kurnool district Kodumuru MLA Murali Krishna resigned Congress party and joins YSRCP.
- Change of ballot papers notices;, says Ramakanth Reddy
HYDERABAD: State Election Commissioner Ramakanth Reddy said that at some centres polling was stopped due to change of ballot papers and it will be conducted on April 13. He said that nearly 20 per cent polling was recorded at 9am today.
- Shortage of candidates for Congress is not correct', says Digvijay Singh
NEW DELHI: AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh on Friday said that it is wrong to say as the Cognress is facing dearth of contesting candidates in Seemandhra. He said that the selection of candidates in Seemandhra will be completed by April 14. Digvijay added that AICC president Sonia Gandhi will address a public meeting on April 16 in Telangana and AICC vice president Rahul Gandhi will address on April 17.
- The richest and the poorest contestants
HYDERABAD: The richest among contesting on Congress tickets appears to be G Vivekananda (Peddapalli Lok Sabha) with his immovable assets valued at Rs.194.28 crore. The poorest among those contestants are Ponnam Prabhakar (Karimnagar) does not own any immovable property but the gross totally value of moveable property estimated at 16.71 lakhs.
- Telangana Congress Committee election manifesto on April 12
HYDERABAD: Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee chief Ponnala Lakshmiah on Thursday said that the Union Minister for Rural Development Jai Ram Ramesh will release the Telangana Congress Party election manifesto on April 12 at 11 am at Gandhi Bhavan. It may be recalled that Jai Ram Ramesh played a key role in the Group of Ministers committee appointed for the AP State Reorganization Bill.
- State set for final phase of polling for ZPTC and MPTC
HYDERABAD: State Chief Election Commissioner Ramakanth Reddy speaking to media on Thursday said that arrangements were made for the smooth conduct of final phase of ZPTC and MPTC elections. He said that elections would be conducted for 536 ZPTC and 7,975 MPTC seats. 25,758 polling booths were set up for the elections and micro observers have been on duty in as many as 5,075 stations. He said that they observed that 6,057 as sensitive and 6,463 as hyper sensitive centres.
- Police seized Rs.one crore during raids
HYDERABAD: Police on Thursday seized Rs.one crore from a personal transporting the money in a bus. They suspect that the money belongs to a candidate belonging to Telugu Desam Party. This is the first that they seized a huge amount belonging to a political party. However, police said that they will reveal full information after interrogation.
- Advocates stage rasta-roko
HYDERABAD: Andhra Pradesh High Court Advocates Association staged a rasta roko in-front of the High Court premises demanding recalling of the recommendations made by the collegium for appointment of judges to the High Court. They demanded a high level inquiry into the affair. They demanded that the proposed selection process for selection of Junior Civil Judges be also stalled and the demanded withdrawal of notification issued.
- Seemandhra Congress leaders met at the residence of Union Minister K Chiranjeevi. They have discussed the list of candidates to be fielded by the party in Seemandhra. Speaking to media after the meeting, APCC president N Raghuveera Reddy said that the party has finalized candidates for all Seemandhra constituencies expect 20-30 Assembly seats. The party has given preference to candidates from backward classes. The candidates list will be submitted to AICC cheif Sonia Gandhi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi tomorrow.
- TRS chief K Chandrasekhara Rao declares his assets at Rs 16,94,82,464.
SAMGAREDDY: Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) chief K Chandrasekhara Rao declared his total assets at Rs. 16,94,82,464 but none of his family members own any vehicle. The total movable and immovable assets of him has Rs 9,90,000 cash in hand and pegged his income in financial year 2012-13 at Rs 6,59,684. The affidavit submitted said that he has 60 grams jewellery worth Rs.1,80,000 and his wife Shoba has Rs.1,50,000 cash in hand and 650 grams Jeweller worth Rs.19,50,000.The affidavits says KCR has two pending cases against him wherein charges are framed by respective courts under offences punishable with imprisonment up to two years.
- CBI files supplementary charge sheet against Sabitha Indra Reddy and Kripanandam
HYDERABAD: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in is supplementary charge sheet against former AP Home Minister Sabitha Indra Reddy and former IAS officer and secretary of Mines, B Kripanandam in the Obulapuram Mining Company case related to Gali Janardhan Reddy. Kripanandam was named as A-8 while Sabitha was named A-9 in the case and were charged of criminal offences punishable under the provisions of various section of IPC. The CBI also informed the court that this supplementary charge sheet can be treated as final report as part of investigation into the case except for the matter of inter-state boundary dispute which is pending in the Supreme Court. The supplementary charge sheet cites 104 documents and 36 witnesses.
- Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh to campaign in Telangana
Union Minister for Rural Development and senior Congress leader Jai Ram Ramesh will start his campaign in Telangana on Thursday. He will address a meeting of party workers at Nirmal in Adilabad and participate in similar meetings in Khammam and Nalgonda on Friday. Sources said that Ramesh will release the party manifesto on Saturday.
The process for filing of nominations in Telangana ended Wednesday. Simultaneous elections to 119 assembly and 17 Lok Sabha seats in the region are scheduled April 30.
- Vizianagaram DCC president to join YSRCP
VIZIANGARAM: Sources says that Kolagatla Veerabhadra Swamy, District Congress Committee president and MLC is likely to join YSRCP in a couple of days. It may be recalled here that the differences he had with Botcha Satyanarayana spilt the DCC vertically, contested against P Ashok Gajapati Raju as an independent and defeated him in a triangular fight. .
- TDP president Chandrababu Naidu seeks re-election from Kuppam
The first list of Telugu Desam Party candidates for seven Lok Sabha and 47 Assembly segments in Seemandhra that goes to pol on May 7. The contesting candidates are K Ram Mohan Naidu- Srikakulam, Maganti Venkateswara Rao – Eluru, Nimmala Kistappa- Hindupur, NMD Farooq-Nandyal, N Siva Prasad – Chittoor, Konakalla Narayana – Masulipatnam. .
- Court cancels bail to former MLA P Lakshma Reddy
GUNTUR: Gurazala Court on Thursday cancelled the bail granted to Pinnelli Lakshma Reddy. Police who went to the residence to implement the court order could not found him. It may be recalled that he created ruckus on March 30 during municipal elections and even threated the poll staff and destroyed an EVM. .
- Film actor and TDP leader Nandamuri Balakrishna said he hasn't taken a decision on contesting coming elections yet. Balakrishna worshipped at Lord Lakshmi Narasimha swamy temple in Dharmapuri in Karimnagar district. He would consider contesting coming elections if the party leadership asks him to, said Balakrishna.