APCC to strengthen Congress party in Seemandhra by giving preference to youth
March 28, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee is going all out to revive the fortunes of the party in Seemandhra. The prospects of Congress in Seemandhra are not good as they are being blamed primarily for the bifurcation of the State.
- APCC president N Raghuveera Reddy said that the party is planning to infuse new blood in the coming elections. The party is also planning to rope youth in the next five years in order to become a formidable force again.
- Raghuveera Reddy along with Congress campaign committee president K Chiranjeevi on Thursday analysed the effect of the week-long bus yatra in Seemandhra. The leaders are of the view that the bus yatra has boosted the morale of the party workers ahead of the general and assembly election in May.
- Speaking to media in Hyderabad, Raghuveera Reddy said that due importance to youth will be given in an effort to rebuild the party. The leadership during the bus yatra is able to convince the people that Congress alone is not to be blamed for the bifurcation of the State.
- He rejected the media reports that the party is facing shortage of candidates to contest in elections. Raghuveera Reddy said that he has asked the DCC presidents to scrutinise the applications received on Saturday.
- Raghuveera Reddy will leave to Delhi in the first week of next month to finalize the names in the list with the Congress central leadership.
- Reminding the 1978 elections, Raghuveera Reddy said that one should not jump to conclusions that Congress would face a humiliating defeat in Seemandhra.