Andhra Pradesh News on September 29, 2013
September 29, 2013 - Hyderabad
- Guntur MP Rayapati Sambasiva Rao has confirmed to the media that he would continue with the Congress party. Speaking to media, he found fault with the Centre for deciding to bifurcate the State ignoring the suggestions of senior party leaders from the State. He promised that the Seemandhra leaders would win at least 20 MP seats if the bifurcation is stalled.
- YSR Congress Party leader Peddireddy Ramachandra Reddy told the media that Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy is contemplating of launching a new party named ‘Samaikyandhra’. Ridiculing the idea, Ramachandra Reddy said that Kiran Kumar Reddy would not even get deposits if he contests on the new party. He lashed out against Kiran and Botcha for doing nothing while the Centre took decision to bifurcate the state.
- Telangana Joint Action Committee Chairman Prof. Kodandaram has urged BJP leader Sushma Swaraj, who is in Hyderabad, to put pressure on Centre to move the Telangana bill in the Parliament soon. Prof. Kodandaram has met Sushma Swaraj at Hotel Novotel and later briefed the media about the meeting. Speaking to the media, he acknowledged the support of BJP behind Centre announcing the formation of the separate State. Srinivas Goud accompanied Kodandaram in the meeting.
- Director General of Police Dinesh Reddy has worshipped at the Lord Venkateswara Temple in Tirumala today. He took darshan of the Lord during the VIP break in the morning today.
- EdCET councelling in 36 centres across the state would begin today. The councelling would conclude on October 10.
- Tea and Coffee shops in Kadapa district have started distributing tea and coffee for free in support to a united State.