Andhra Pradesh News on September 28, 2013
September 28, 2013 - Hyderabad
- Samaikyandhra meet in Kurnool tomorrow
APNGO leader Ashok Babu told the media that they will host a huge public meeting in Kurnool tomorrow. Speaking to media in Visakhapatnam, Ashok Babu said that they will detail the advantages to the people if the state remains united. He urged the political parties to vote to keep the state united if a resolution on a separate Telangana state is moved in the Assembly. Those who vote for Samaikyandhra can expect to get re-elected, he said.
- Reacting to the CBI court granting bail to Jagan Mohan Reddy recently, Minister Anam Ramnarayan Reddy said that it has nothing to do with Congress. Speaking to media after a meeting with Seemandhra ministers in his chamber at Secreteriat, Ramnarayan Reddy said that he stands by his criticism on Jagan Mohan Reddy when he said that the YSR Congress Party chief is a financial terrorist. The meeting was attended by PCC president Botcha Satyanarayana, Ministers N Raghuveera Reddy, Balaraju and Kondru Murali.
- Leader of opposition in Lok Sabha and BJP senior leader Sushma Swaraj has reached Hyderabad in the morning. She will speak at the Praja Garjana meet in Mahabubnagar today.
- PCC chief and Transport Minister Botcha Satyanarayana has met Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy in the morning. The meeting gained prominence amid rumors that Botcha is contemplating of quitting his ministerial post.
- Ganta Srinivasa Rao has told the media that the Chief Minister has cancelled his proposed trip to Visakhapatnam on the 30th. Chief Minister has reportedly told the minister that he has to stay accessible to Delhi in view of the prevailing situation in the State.
- Director General of Police Dinesh Reddy has challenged the CAT's decision of not allowing an extension to him by filing a house motion petition.
- MP Guttha Sukhender Reddy has criticized Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy saying that the Chief Minister is spreading lies in an attempt to provoke people in Seemandhra region. Speaking to media in Nalgonda, he suggested the Chief Minister to resign if he wants to participate in the Samaikyandhra movement.
- Protesting the arrest of APNGO leaders, bandh is being observed in Srikakulam today. Educational institutions and business establishments have expressed solidarity with the bandh and are closed voluntarily.
- Congress MPs from Seemandhra - Lagadapati Rajagopal, Anantha Venkatrami Reddy, Sai Pratap, Vundavalli Arun Kumar, GV Harsha Kumar, NPY Reddy will meet Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar at 12 noon today. They will urge the Speaker to accept their resignations which were tendered on August 2.
- The Samaikyandra Lawyers conference will be held today at Ashok Gardens in Mehadipatnam of Hyderabad. A large number of lawyers from Seemandhra districts have already arrived in Hyderabad.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister D K Aruna criticizes Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy on his comments on bifurcation of State.
- Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy will visit his home district of Chittoor today. He will reach Renigunta airport at 1:30 pm today. After interacting with district officials for two hours about the welfare programmes in the district. The Chief Minister would reach his home town of Nagiripalli in the evening.
- APNGO's leader Ashok Babu has met with employee association leaders in Visakhapatnam today. They have discussed the future course of action to be adopted for the cause of keeping the state united.
- The APNGO members and officials have staged a padayatra in Kurnool district today. They will present a powerpoint presentation on the problems that would be faced by people of Andhra Pradesh in case of bifurcation of state.