Andhra Pradesh News on September 15, 2013
September 15, 2013 - Hyderabad
- BJP senior leader Bandaru Dattatreya criticized Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy saying that the Chief Minister is creating misunderstandings between people in the State. He demanded the Centre to take action against the Chief Minister. He also demanded the Telangana bill to be placed in the Parliament. Confirming that their Prime Ministerial candidate for the 2014 election is Narendra Modi, Dattateya ridiculed that the Congress is not in a position to declare their agenda. He added that the Centre had increased the petrol and diesel prices nine times in the last one year.
- Former minister Basheeruddin Babukhan passed away today. He was 73. Babukhan had been suffering with illness for some time and has breathed his last today. TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, K Keshava Rao, Shabbir Ali are among those who paid their final respects to the former minister.
- Congress ministers from Telangana region met today in the evening at the Ministers' quarters at Hyderabad to decide their future course of action. The meeting was attended by Congress Ministers, MLAs, MLCs, DCC presidents, DCCB leaders from Telangana region.
- Minister Jana Reddy has expressed solidarity with the proposed ‘Yuddha Bheri’ meet at OU campus on the 21st. A decision on inviting student committees for the meet would be taken at a party meeting, he said. The Minister also advised the students to conduct the meet peacefully.
- Lawyers who are supporting the Samaikyandhra movement tried to gherao minister TG Venkatesh at the Krishnadevaraya statue in Kurnool.
- Infrastructure Minister and Anakapalle MLA Ganta Srinivasa Rao has urged the Samaikyandhra JAC to ensure that the 'Visakha Samaikya Garjana' on September 21 at RK Beach, Visakhapatnam is made a success.
- Forest and Environment Minister Satrucharla Vijaya Rama Raju has warned those who attack Forest department officials with severe consequences. Speaking to media in Visakhapatnam, the minister said that he has instructed the officials to take action against those who killed Forest range official Gangayya at KK Tanda in Nizamabad district.
- The 'Telugu Tejam' yatra by Lok Satta Party chief Dr. Jayaprakash Narayan is continuing in Anantapur district. A few government officials who are supporting the Samaikyandhra movement tried to gherao him and demanding to make his stand on the bifurcation issue clear.