Andhra Pradesh News on October 9, 2013
October 9, 2013 - Hyderabad
- Bharatiya Janata Party State President Kishan Reddy has made it clear that the party would contest alone in the elections. Speaking at Bhuvanagiri Yuva Garjana meeting, Kishan Reddy said that there is no truth in various parties claiming to forge an alliance with BJP in the next year's general elections. The meeting was organized to induct Industrialist Shyam Sundar Rao into the party. BJP leaders Indrasena Reddy, Chinta Sambamurthy and Chandrasekhar participated in the meeting.
- Telugu Desam Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu has lashed out at the Congress party and senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh for the bifurcation decision which led to severe unrest in the Seemandhra region of the State. Saying that the problem started at Delhi, Chandrababu Naidu said that it should end at Delhi. Chandrababu Naidu promised that he would fight for the Telugu people anytime.
- Vijay Sai Reddy, who has been chargesheeted by the CBI in the disproportionate assets case against Jagan Mohan Reddy, was released at the Chanchalguda jail today. Vijay Sai Reddy was granted bail by the CBI Court yesterday.
- Jagan Mohan Reddy's indefinite hunger strike has entered fifth day today. His health has deteriorated severely and the doctors has advised him to stop the fast immediately.
- The AP Bhavan Staff in New Delhi are not allowing TDP party workers inside the premises. It is known that the TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu has been on an indefinite fast since the past three days demanding justice to the Coastal and Rayalaseema people of the State. A large number of TDP supporters reached the venue in solidarity with Chandrababu's hunger strike. Chandrababu Naidu has been staging fast since the past three days without getting the permission to use the venue. Notices have also been issued to him yesterday. The AP Bhavan staff tried to remove TDP posters at the venue which trigerred a row between the staff and TDP party workers.
- Curfew in Vijayanagaram entered the fourth day today. The police has eased the curfew restricts from 7 am to 9 am.
- The Janmabhoomi express from Secunderabad to Visakhapatnam has been cancelled due to power problems. The train was to leave the Secunderabad station at 7:10 am on Wednesday.
- A MMTC train was stuck on platform No. 2 at Nampalli. The train collided with a dead end and was stuck. Repair works are on.
- All exams at JNTU Kakinada were postponed till October 16 due to the ongoing Samaikyandhra agitations. Registar of the University Dr. Prasad Raju told the media that the postponement of exams will apply to all colleges under the University.