Andhra Pradesh News on October 6, 2013
October 6, 2013 - Hyderabad
- Seemandhra JAC has promised that they will provide power supply till 6 am tomorrow. Several places in Seemandhra are expected to have heavy power cuts tomorrow.
- Seventh unit also failed forcing a complete halt of power production at NTPS in Vijayawada. This will have a serious effect on southern grid, officials say.
- APNGOs leader Ashok Babu told the media that they would extend protests till 20th of this month protesting Centre's bifurcation decision. He added that they are also cancelling Dasara celebrations. He also urged the political party leaders to not participate in the protests on their party flag.
- 500 Megawatt production was stalled at NTPC Simhadri in Visakhapatnam due to scarcity of coal.
- The indefinite hunger strike of Jagan Mohan Reddy has entered second day. YSR Congress Party MLAs and leaders also sat in for the hunger strike with Jagan.
- Police resorted to lathi charge on women at Kota Kudali in Vijayanagaram district. Special Officer Vikram Singh Mav urged the people to stay indoors as curfew is in force. He warned that police would use rubber bullets if people tried to stage protests on highways.
- Samaikyandhra activists threw stones at the Satya Engineering College in Gajula Rega. The police used rubber bullets to chase away the crowd.
- Abdul Karim Thunda, suspect in the Dilsukhnagar twin bomb blasts was brought to Hyderabad today for interrogation.