Andhra Pradesh News on October 19, 2013
October 19, 2013 - Hyderabad
- YSR Congress Party has expressed confidence that the state will not be bifurcated. Speaking at a press conference, YSRCP leader Konathala Ramakrishna urged people to raise their voice for a united state at the 'Samaikya Sankaravam' meeting to be held on October 26.
- The Group of Ministers (GoM) on Telangana have discussed issues related to sharing of water, power, distribution of assets and demarcation of boundaries. The Ministers have asked Secretaries to discuss with officials of Andhra Pradesh government and make detailed reports. The next meeting will be held on November 7.
- BJP senior leader M Venkaiah Naidu has denied rumors that the party has begun work for an alliance with the Telugu Desam Party in the upcoming elections. Speaking to media in Hyderabad, Venkaiah Naidu has said that the Central leadership of BJP has clear instructions to the party cadres that it would contest all the 543 Lok Sabha seats including 42 in Andhra Pradesh. Venkaiah Naidu also made it clear the BJP's stand is clear on bifurcation.
- The Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC) has emailed a 135-page report to the Group of Ministers (GoM) on Telangana on Friday. The TJAC has said that it will oppose any attempt to make Hyderabad a joint capital of Andhra and Telangana states after bifurcation. Prof. Kodandaram told the media that it requested the GoM to delegated complete powers to the State of Telangana on all resources within its territory including Hyderabad.
- Jnanpith awardee Ravuri Bharadhwaja was laid to rest with full State honours on Saturday. Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy visited the house of Ravuri and paid his last respects. Among those who paid their last respects were TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu, BJP leader Bandaru Dattatreya, Mandali Budha Prasad, Konathala Ramakrishna, Y Venkateswara Rao etc.