Andhra Pradesh News on October 12, 2013
October 12, 2013 - Hyderabad
- YSR Congress Party chief Jagan Mohan Reddy was discharged from the NIMS Hospital in the morning.
- Revenue Minister N Raghuveera Reddy has reached Visakhapatnam in the morning to monitor the relief efforts for Cyclone Phailin. He will stay in the district for the next three days. Raghuveera Reddy informed the media that army, military and army forces were already deployed in the coastal areas to carry on relief measures. 64,000 people were already evacuated to safety in Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram and Srikakulam districts.
- APSRTC buses in the Seemandhra region are in service again as the recognized employees union of APSRTC have temporarily called off their strike. APSRTC is also running special services from Hyderabad in view of the Dusshera festival.
- The IndiGo flight from Visakhapatnam to Bhubaneshwar has been cancelled due to Cyclone Phailin. Nine passenger trains in Waltair division were also cancelled. Among the services that cancelled were Gunupur to Puri, Puri to Gunupur, Pasala to Gunupur, Visakhapatnam to Palasa, Palasa to Visakhapatnam and Vizianagaram to Palasa passenger trains.
- Section 144 is in force for two months in the Cyberabad Police Commissionerate starting today till December 11. No public meetings should be staged without getting appropriate permissions from the DCP concerned.
- Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy has chaired a meeting with Collectors of coastal districts to get the progress on the relief and rehabilitation efforts for Cyclone Phailin. He spoke on phone with Collectors of Srikakulam, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, East Godavari and West Godavari. He directed the Collectors to provide information on an hourly basis to the Chief Secretary.