Andhra Pradesh News on November 4, 2013
November 4, 2013 - Hyderabad
- All-party meeting on bifurcation on 12 and 13
The Union Home department has decided to hold the all-party meeting on the bifurcation issue on November 12 and 13. The Home ministry has already written to eight political parties inviting them to the all-party meeting to discuss on various issues that affect the bifurcation process of Andhra Pradesh.
- The World Agricultural Forum 2013 Congress in Hyderabad has begun in the morning. The four-day meet is attended by over 30 international delegates. Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy and Agricultural minister Kanna Lakshminaryana attended the meet.
- Telugu Desam Party has decided not to give a letter on terms of reference to Group of Ministers (GoM) on Telangana. TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu is likely to write to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh stating that they will not recognize the GoM formed on Telangana. Chandrababu has met with Seemandhra leaders in the morning.
- TDP leaders from Telangana region have met party chief Chandrababu Naidu in the evening. Speaking to media later, TDP leader Erraballi Dayakar Rao said that Naidu has suggested him to talk with JAC leaders from both the regions. Dayakar Rao complained about the Seemandhra TDP leaders view on the bifurcation.
- Telangana Rashtra Samithi chief K Chandrasekhar Rao thanked the people of Siddipet. He is in Medak as part of his tour today. Speaking to the media, KCR has said that he would ensure the development of Siddipet on par with Hyderabad. He also promised that Siddipet would be made district headquarters after the formation of Telangana State.
- State in-charge for Congress affairs Digvijay Singh criticized the recent remarks of the Telugu Desam Party on the Group of Ministers (GoM) on Telangana. The TDP has remarked that the all-party meeting on bifurcation is called to target the Telugu Desam Party. Speaking to media in Hyderabad, Digvijay Singh reminded that the TDP has criticized the Antony committee earlier.
- Three jawans booked under Nirbhaya Act
Three army jawans were alleged to have attempted to molest a girl in Secunderabad. A case was filed against three jawans at the Tukaram police station. According to sources, the jawans allegedly kidnapped the girl threatening to stab her with a knife. The police took custody of the alleged suspects.
- A State level security team has inspected the N1 compartment of the Bokaro express today. It is known that at least eight persons were killed and 8 others were injured when they were hit by an oncoming train near Vizianagaram recently. The security team is finding clues as to what lead to the smoke in the compartment.
- President Pranab Mukherjee will reach Hyderabad in the evening. He will attend a function organized to conclude the training of the IPS officers on Tuesday. There will be traffic restrictions in Hyderabad on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday . Meanwhile, Telugu Desam and YSR Congress Party leaders will meet the President today. They will complain to the President on the Centre's attitude for bifurcation of the State.
- Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy and PCC chief Botcha Satyanarayana will meet Congress leaders from Seemandhra. They will discuss the points to be raised to the Group of Ministers (GoM) on Telangana in the all-party meeting.
- Seemandhra ministers Erasu Pratap Reddy, TG Venkatesh and former minister Viswaroop met at the residence of Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao in Hyderabad. The meeting gained prominence as Chief Minister and PCC chief would meet with Seemandhra leaders in the evening.
- Telangana Ministers and Congress leaders from the region met PCC chief Botcha Satyanaryana at his residence today.
- Rajanagaram MLA Pendurthi Venkatesh staged a dharna in front of the MPDO office in Korukonda. He demanded immediate compensation for victims of cyclone and ration cards to the eligible. He alleged that government officials are acting irresponsibly just like the Government. His protest was joined by former MPs Venkataramana and Raja.