Andhra Pradesh News on November 1, 2013
November 1, 2013 - Hyderabad
- With Centre going ahead with the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh as full speed, this may be the last AP Formation Day to be celebrated. Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy may become the last Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh to take salute at the ceremonial parade at NTR Stadium. The Andhra Pradesh State was formed on November 1, 1956 as all the Telugu speaking areas were merged with Andhra State.
- BCCI president N Srinivasan will appear before the CBI Court at Nampalli in Hyderabad. He will appear before the court in the disproportionate assets case against Jagan Mohan Reddy. India Cements has been alleged to have been illegally allocated water from Krishna and Kagna rivers illegally by the former government led by YS Rajasekhara Reddy. Land lease has also been extended for India Cements at Kadapa. As a quid pro quo, India Cements is alleged to have invested Rs. 140 crore in India Cements and other companies in which Jagan Mohan Reddy is a shareholder.
- Transport department officials held raids on private travels all over the State today. According to reports, the officials held checks on National Highways in Chittoor, Nellore, Hyderabad, Rangareddy and Kurnool. Four buses were seized at Kurnool and Zaheerabad each.
- Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu will tour in Nalgonda district to visit the rain-affected areas caused by the recent Cyclone Phailin. He will tour in Damacharla, Miryalguda, Vemulapalli, Tipparthi and other areas which were affected by the Cyclone.
- Phalaknuma express from Secunderabad to Howrah was cancelled today. Despite repair works on the railway track between Visakhapatnam and Howrah were completed already, several trains were running late forcing the officials to cancel the train today.
- Telangana JAC and Telangana Employees Unions will observe Black day today since it was on November 1, 1956 that Telangana was united with Andhra State. TJAC leaders were gearing up to stage protests all across Telangana.
- Flames erupted in a city bus near St. Anns educational institution in Secunderabad. The driver immediately alerted the passengers who vacated the bus. Firefighters reached the scene and put off the flames. The bus was bound to NGO Colony from KPHB.
- BJP leaders from Seemandhra met senior leader LK Advani in New Delhi today. Speaking to media after the meeting, the BJP leaders confirmed receiving invitation to the all-party meeting on bifurcation from the Home department. The leaders said that they would discuss and decide whether to attend the meeting.
- Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy directed a CBCID investigation on the recent Hyderabad bus accident that killed over 45 people. The Chief Minister held a meeting on the accident which was attended by Transport Minister Botcha Satyanarayana.