Andhra Pradesh News on March 9, 2013
March 9, 2013 - Hyderabad
- Union Minister of State for Railways Kotla Surya Prakash Reddy said a special committee is formed to analyze the merger of Waltair division with South Central Railway. The Minister spoke to media on his visit to Visakhapatnam. He said there is no time frame for arriving at a decision on the issue.
- The Telugu Desam Party politburo will meet today to decide on the party's candidates for the forthcoming MLC elections. The meeting would be held in Kaikalur constituency where the TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu is currently on the 'Vastunna Mee Kosam' padayatra.
- Telugu Desam Party MP Gundu Sudha Rani has demanded a CBI investigation on the irregularities that were alleged to have happened in the waiver of farmer loans.
- Cloth merchants in the State will stage a relay hunger strike in Hyderabad demanding the rollback of VAT. They are opposing adding their industry into sensitive commodities.
- The jail officials at Open Air jail in Nellore have seized cell phones from 4 convicts. The authorities have opened an inquiry on the same.
- Transport officials have seized 30 lorries which are carrying goods over the allowed weight. They levied a fine for the owners.