MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi seeks bail
January 16, 2013 - Adilabad
A petition seeking bail to Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen leader Akbaruddin Owaisi was filed by his lawyer Mohammad Ghouse at the Adilabad district sessions court today.
The MIM legislator was arrested for the alleged hate speech he delivered at Nirmal and Nizamabad last month. He was arrested on January 8 and was subsequently remanded to 14 days judicial custody. The police were given custody for questioning for five days.
Earlier in the day, the police produced him before the judge at the Nirmal court. Even though the police were granted five day judicial custody, the police did not question him on the final day. Akbaruddin was sent back to the Anantapur district jail.
The court will take up hearing on the bail petition in the evening today. Akbaruddin is facing charges of sedition, waging of war against nation and criminal conspiracy. The court will also take up the hearing of the petition by police seeking permission to take Akbar's voice sample.
- Police assess personality of MIM MLA Akbaruddin on the second day of custody - January 13, 2013
- Akbaruddin shifted to Armed Reserve headquarters, Questioning begins - January 12, 2013
- Police get five-day Akbaruddin Owaisi custody - January 11, 2013
- Akbaruddin Owaisi remanded to 14 day judicial custody - January 9, 2013
- MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi arrested, shifted to Nirmal police station - January 8, 2013