Andhra Pradesh News on January 9, 2013
January 9, 2013 - Hyderabad
- MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi has been sent to 14 day judicial remand. Akbaruddin was produced before a magistrate today. Meanwhile, the MIM supporters are observing bandh in Nizamabad and Adilabad.
- A Warangal court has ordered the Kazipet police to register a case against MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi over the alleged hate speech he delivered in public meetings in Nirmal and Nizamabad. Akbaruddin is already facing similar cases and has also recently approached the High Court seeking a direction not to file further cases on the same issue.
- Minister Sailajanath has submitted a plea letter to Union Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde urging him to keep the state united. The plea letter was signed by public representatives from the Seemandhra region.
- Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar has asked MIM president Assaduddin Owaisi to refrain from linking religion to the Telangana state. The Hyderabad MP earlier said that communal forces will become strong if the Telangana state is formed.
- Telugu Desam Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu has completed 100 days of his 'Vastunna Mee Kosam' padayatra. He has cut a cake to mark the occasion. Chandrababu lashed out against Government saying that it is not functioning even for name sake.