Andhra Pradesh News on January 7, 2013
January 7, 2013 - Hyderabad
- MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi has arrived in the early hours from London. He sought four days time to appear for questioning citing health reasons.
- Akbaruddin Owaisi files a writ petition in the AP High Court seeking a direction not to register more cases against him in connection to the alleged hate speech he made. He claimed that a media house has selectively highlighted some portions of his speech.
- Y Sri Lakshmi moved a petition for regular bail at the Principal Special Court for CBI Cases on health grounds. She contended that she was falsely implicated in the case.
- Telugu Desam party president N Chandrababu Naidu's Vastunna Mee Kosam padayatra has entered day 10 in Warangal district.
- The Bheemili police has arrested Congress leader Dharma Reddy who has manhandled a home guard. Dharma Reddy entered into an argument with the police who arrested his followers.
- Srikakulam district collector Saurabh Gaur has appeared fore the Lokayukta registrar in connection to the case of land allocations to Dharmana Prasada Rao's son in Kannedhara.
- A court in Anantapur has adjourned the anticipatory bail petition of Paritala Sreeram to tomorrow. The Dharmavaram police have registered a case against Sreeram and three others in the foiled murder attempt on Congress leader Sudhakar Reddy.
- KPHB police register a case against 'Young India' actor Rajesh. The actor is alleged to have been involved in an altercation with his house owner.
- The parents of a nine-year-old boy at Hayathnagar in Hyderbad have alleged that a software engineer, his friend and a police constable has tortured their son alleging that he stole a laptop. The parents alleged that the boy has been tortured and kept in the police station from 10 am to 7:30 pm. The police refuted the claims saying that they only registered a case.