Andhra Pradesh News on January 6, 2013
January 6, 2013 - Hyderabad
- Union Minister for Rural Development Jairam Ramesh launches the Direct Benefit Transfer scheme at Gollaprolu in East Godavari district. He said Aadhar enrolment will be completed in the State by end of August and the DBT scheme will be extended to all the districts. Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy participated in the launch event and addressed a public meeting. State Ministers Sabitha Indra Reddy, Thota Narasimham, P Balaraju and D Manikya Varaprasad were also present.
- Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy consoles the victims of the Hetero blast. He will tour in East Godavari today.
- CPM State secretary BV Raghavulu criticized the Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy for giving ridiculous excuses justifying the increase in the power charges. He called on the people to protest the hike by writing letters to the Chief Minister. Raghavulu also announced that the party would stage protests in a phased manner and called the political parties to express solidarity with them.
- APSRTC has introduced 4410 special buses to handle the Pongal festive rush. The special buses would run between January 10 to 14 and would have a 50% extra fare. The APSRTC has also provided reservation facility for these special buses.
- The Telangana Junior lawyers association has demanded the State Election Commission to cancel the recognition of MIM as a political party. They condemned the recent inflammatory speech of MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi and demanded the government to take action against the MLA immediately.
- The officials have started removal of the illegal constructions at Manikonda. The locals tried to obstruct them. The police staged a lathi charge and took four into custody.
- 10 students were injured when an auto in which the students are travelling collided with a two wheeler. The accident occurred at the Narasaraopet - Vinukonda bypass road in Guntur district. The injured students were admitted to a nearby hospital.