Andhra Pradesh News on January 5, 2013
January 5, 2013 - Hyderabad
- MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi, who is facing the heat over his alleged hate speech will arrive in Hyderabad on Monday evening. Akbaruddin is presently in London undergoing medical treatment. The police has already issued a notice to him for questioning. Meanwhile, BJP senior leader Bandaru Dattatreya demanded life imprisonment for Akbaruddin. He participated in the protests at RTC cross roads and has burnt the effigy of Akbar.
- A CBI Court in Hyderabad has allowed the Central Excise department permission to prosecute BV Srinivasa Reddy in connection to the Obulapuram illegal iron-ore mining case. The Central Excise department is granted three days from January 7 - 9 to question Srinivasa Reddy between 10 am to 5 pm.
- TDP president Chandrababu Naidu has interacted with women welfare societies on the Vastunna Mee Kosam padayatra in Warangal. He criticized the government's led by former Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy and Kiran Kumar Reddy. He also criticized the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) party terming it a blackmail party and said that it is only bothered about the welfare of the family of KCR.
- Telugu Desam MP Nama Nageswara Rao and MLA Tummala Nageswara Rao told the media that the party leaders are making arrangements to celebrate the 100 day mark of the 'Vastunna Mee Kosam' padayatra of TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu.
- Transport Minister Botcha Satyanarayana participated in the 24th road safety celebrations at the Bus Bhavan in Hyderabad. Speaking on the occasion, he said that APSRTC has no option other than to impose the development fee to provide better facilities for the passengers.
- Medical education minister Kondru Murali Mohan has inaugurated the 'Aushadi' exhibition explaining the importance of medical plants and its produce. He said the state government will allocate Rs. 100 crore to develop traditional medicines including Ayurveda, Homeo etc.
- Red Alert is being imposed at the Shamshabad Airport in Hyderabad following a threat call to the Jet Airways flight in Mumbai.
- The state-level meeting of the Telugu Desam Party will be held on January 9.