Andhra Pradesh News on January 4, 2013
January 4, 2013 - Hyderabad
- The AP High Court has posted hearing on the bail petition of Jagan Mohan Reddy to January 22.
- Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy participated as the chief guest at an event to mark the 204th birth anniversary of Louise Braille. He inaugurated a new welfare building for handicapped that was constructed at a cost of Rs. 4.5 crore near the Golconda junction. Ministers Danam Nagendar, Mukesh Goud, Geeta Reddy, Sunitha Lakshma Reddy and others participated in the event.
- PCC president Botcha Satyanarayana said strict action should be taken against those who provoke people by making hate speeches. Speaking at a media conference in Gandhi Bhavan, Botcha lashed out against MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi who is alleged to have made inflammatory remarks at public meetings last month.
- Assembly Speaker Nadendla Manohar Reddy suggested the legislators to act with dignity and to respect the sanctity of the house. Commenting on the alleged inflammatory speech of MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi, Manohar Reddy said that he has received information from several sources. He plans to refer to the Joint Legislature Committee on Ethics on the alleged comments made by Akbar.
- The Banjara Hills police station has registered a case against Abhinay, the grand son of film producer D Ramanaidu. The case was filed based on a complaint by a builder Raviteja. According to sources, Raviteja was constructing a building next to the residence of Abhinay. Abhinay has reportedly requested the builder to keep the construction noises to a minimum. Raviteja alleged that Abhinay has beat him up.
- The state unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party has met Governor ESL Narasimhan to ensure that action is taken on MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for the alleged inflammatory remarks. Among those who met the Governor are Bandaru Dattatreya, G Kishan Reddy, K Lakshman, Endala Lakshminarayana and others. BJP State president Kishan Reddy said that the government has not taken any action against the MLA and the social activists and lawyers are forced to approach the court.
- Health Minister DL Ravindra Reddy questioned if Jagan Mohan Reddy could come out of jail with 1 crore signatures. He sarcastically remarked that if that happens, the criminals and ministers who are currently lodged in jail could come out by accumulating five crore signatures.
- Minister K Jana Reddy will leave to New Delhi in the evening to submit a memorandum of the Telangana ministers urging the party high command to introduce the Telangana bill in the Parliament.
- An advocate Janadhan has filed a petition before the Ranga reddy district court against MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for the alleged hate speech of the MLA. The court directed the LB Nagar police to file a case against the MLA.