Andhra Pradesh News on January 30, 2013
January 30, 2013 - Hyderabad
- Governor ESL Narasimhan, Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy and PCC chief Botcha Satyanarayana paid tributes to father of nation Mahatma Gandhi at Bapu Ghat in Hyderabad. Ministers Geeta Reddy and Danam Nagender were also present on the occasion. They also participated in the all-religion prayers later.
- Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said that discussions to resolve the Telangana issue will go on as planned. He said that the Telangana statehood is a very sensitive issue and appealed to the people of both the regions of the state to maintain peace and calm.
- The arguments in the bail petition of MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi at the Sangareddy court concluded in the morning. The court has reserved its verdict on the bail petition and would deliver the same in the evening.
- The representatives of Sri Chaitanya School of Khammam district have appeared before the Andhra Pradesh High Court. The school representatives have given their statement in front of the judge. They claimed that they have given Rs. 35 lakhs as bribe to Minister Ramreddy Venkat Reddy and his followers through various means.
- IT Minister Ponnala Lakshmaiah felicitated Olympic medal winner and weightlifter Karam Malleswari. The function was organized at Tirumalagiri in Secunderabad.
- Finance Minister Anam Ramnarayan Reddy said it is shameful on the part of TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao to justify his comments made against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and former Prime Ministers Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi. The Minister said he would ask the Chief Minister to take appropriate action against KCR for the inflammatory comments.
- CPI State Secretary K Narayana lashed out against the Congress party for delaying taking a decision on the Telangana issue. He said that the party has cheated the people of the State by failing to deliver its promise on taking a decision within a month of the all-party meeting. Narayana met TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu at Paritala in Krishna district. The TDP leader was taking a break from the padayatra due to health reasons. Narayana along with CPI leaders Akkineni Vanaja and Suryadevara Nageswara Rao consoled the TDP chief and found out about his health situation.
- The Telangana Congress MPs have made it clear yet again that they would not hold back in tendering resignations if the Centre doesn't accord a separate Telangana state. The MPs are in Delhi after being summoned by Vayalar Ravi.