Andhra Pradesh News on January 3, 2013
January 3, 2013 - Hyderabad
- AICC president Sonia Gandhi has held discussions with the party seniors at his residence in New Delhi on the Telangana issue. However, no final decision was taken on the issue. The discussion was largely centered on the pros and cons of the Telangana State.
- Police register a case against MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for the alleged hate speech made at Nizamabad and Nirmal. Owaisi is presently in London undergoing medical treatment. DGP V Dinesh Reddy told the media that the police sought legal opinion before registering the case.
- Former minister Mopidevi Venkataramana Rao has suffered himself before the Principal Special Court for CBI cases in Hyderabad after the expiry of the 10-day interim bail. The judge has remanded him till Friday.
- PCC president Botcha Satyanarayana says that the defection of leaders from the party to other political parties would not make any difference. On a visit to Vijayawada, the PCC president said that none of the MLAs from Krishna district would leave the party.
- The Ongole police has registered a case against YSR Congress Party chief whip and Ongole MLA Balineni Srinivasa Reddy and 20 others for allegedly assaulting Cooperative Department officials.
- Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy inaugurates a two-day conference of Joint Collectors in Hyderabad. He announces that tamarind, salt, chilli powder and turmeric would be added to the list of commodities sold at fair price shops from April 11. The prices at the fair price shops would be less than market price.
- Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy announced the launch of 24 x 7 call centre. People from all corners of the state can call 100 to lodge their complaints. The voice of the complainant would be recorded and would be communicated to the officials concerned with immediate effect. The call centre would be operational from April 11, coinciding with Ugadi, the Telugu New Year day.
- A five-year-old tribal girl was allegedly raped by a 15-year-old boy at Tadepalligudem. He was thrashed by the locals and was handed over to the police.