Andhra Pradesh News on January 28, 2013
January 28, 2013 - Hyderabad
- MIM MP Asaduddin Owaisi has appeared before the Sangareddy court in connection to the 2005 case when he allegedly abused the then district collector AK Singhal. Four MLAs of the party who are also accused in the same case appeared before the court. The police have deployed heavy security at the court premises to avoid any untoward incident. Meanwhile, Asaduddin's brother Akbaruddin Owaisi has also been produced before the court.
- Telangana Samara Deeksha at Indira Park in Hyderabad continued today. The Telangana steering committee held an emergency meeting to decide on the future course of action.
- Minister K Jana Reddy met Governor ESL Narasimhan in the morning. The meeting gained prominence as the TRS is planning to topple the government. Jana Reddy is reportedly apprising the governor of the latest political scenario in the state after Union Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Ghulam Nabi Azad announced that the Centre would require some more time to resolve the Telangana issue.
- The Telangana Ministers would meet at 3 pm at Minister K Jana Reddy's residence.
- The Election Commission has released notification for elections of six MLC seats in Andhra Pradesh. Three of the MLCs are in Graduate quota, while the remaining three are in Teachers' quota. Nominations would be accepted till February 4 and the election would be held on February 21.
- Students at the Kakatiya University are staging protest in front of the Vice Chancellor's office in Warangal. They are demanding the police action against the students and the arrests of the students.
- Telugu Desam Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu would also take rest today. The party announced that Chandrababu would also take a break from the 'Vastunna Mee Kosam' padayatra on suggestions from doctors.