Andhra Pradesh News on January 25, 2013
January 25, 2013 - Hyderabad
- Milad-un-Nabi, birthday of Islamic prophet Mohammad, is celebrated by Muslims across the State. A rally is taken out by Muslims in old city from Macca Masjid. A large number of Muslims participated in the rally to Moghulpura. The police have deployed additional forces to prevent any untoward incident.
- Governor ESL Narasimhan and Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy have extended Milad-un-Nabi greetings to the people of the state.
- The Telangana Congress MPs would meet today to discuss their future course of action. The MPs would meet at the residence of MP Manda Jagannatham in Hyderabad.
- The list of 10th class students who will appear for the examinations in March is made online by the government. The Manuscript nominal rolls are placed online categorized by school code numbers. Any correction in the data should be submitted by the end of this month.
- Rajahmundry MP Vundavalli Arunkumar will address a Samaikyandhra public meeting at Subramanya grounds. Ministers Thota Narasimham, Viswaroop, Ganta Srinivasa Rao, N Raghuveera Reddy, Anam Ramnarayan Reddy, MPs KVP Ramachandra Rao, Harsha Kumar, T Rantabhai, Rayapati Sambasiva Rao, JD Seelam, Lagadapati Rajagopal will attend the pubblic meeting.
- Home Minister Sabitha Indra Reddy has ordered the police department to ensure that the theatre owners not to screen 'Viswaroopam' movie for two days. The movie is also in trouble in Tamil Nadu as the government has ordered a two week ban on the movie citing law and order problems. Even though, Hyderabad city police commissioner Anurag Sharma said they have not received the orders yet, theatre owners are voluntarily not screening the movie due to the controversies.
- A Garuda bus overturned in Nellore. One passenger was killed in the accident, while 15 others were injured. The bus was on way to Vijayawada from Bangalore. The injured were shifted to a nearby hospital.