Andhra Pradesh News on January 24, 2013
January 24, 2013 - Hyderabad
- The bail petition of Kadapa MP and YSR Congress Party chief Jagan Mohan Reddy has been rejected by the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- Nellore MLA Mungamuru Sridhara Krishna Reddy tenders resignation to the Assembly in support of United Andhra Pradesh. He is the second MLA to resign to the Assembly favoring a United Andhra Pradesh. Anantapur MLA B Gurunatha Reddy tendered his resignation to the Assembly on January 20.
- The Osmania University Students' JAC has called for a bandh in Telangana region today. The JAC has protested the announced delay on taking a decision on the Telangana state formation. All the educational institutions in Telangana region are closed today responding to the bandh call.
- Student committees are staging a protest at the Warangal RTC bus depot protesting the remarks of Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad made yesterday. The Union Minister has said that taking a decision on the Telangana issue could be delayed further beyond the January 28 deadline. The students have demanded the Centre to make a clear announcement on the formation of Telangana state immediately.
- The Seemandhra Congress leaders will meet AICC Vice-President Rahul Gandhi today. They will appeal to him to keep the State united.
- Telugu Desam Party chief Chandrababu Naidu's 'Vastunna Mee Kosam' padayatra entered day 4 in Krishna district. He will cover 17 km today starting at Kagullu.
- Telugu Desam Party leaders paid homage to former minister late Paritala Ravi. The minister's widow and MLA Paritala Sunitha and district TDP leaders paid tributes. Paritala Sunitha garlanded the statue of Ravi at Venkatapuram. Speaking to media, Sunitha said her son Paritala Sriram would contest elections in 2014 if TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu asks him to.
- The Banjara Hills police has filed a cheating case against noted film producer Bellamkonda Suresh. The case was registered based on a complaint by a financier.
- A Bangalore court has ordered the local police to register a case against MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for the alleged hate speech.