Andhra Pradesh News on January 23, 2013
January 23, 2013 - Hyderabad
- Union Minister and Congress in-charge for state affairs Ghulam Nabi Azad has said that the Centre would take few more days to take a decision on Telangana issue. He said Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde's announced deadline of 30 days should not be taken literally.
- Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy said that government will not tolerate and initiate against those who attempt to fuel communal differences among the people. He addressed a public meeting at Narsapur in Medak.
- Gurajala MLA Yarapathineni Srinivasa Rao, who was accused of have been involved in the murder case of Congress leader Narendra was released from the Guntur district jail early today. He was in remand since January 9th. The TDP MLA was granted a conditional bail a couple of days ago. A large number of TDP party workers reached the jail in the morning expressing their support. They later took out a rally.
- The Telangana Congress leaders would meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today. Leaders from the Telangana and Seemandhra have been in Delhi for the past few days to put pressure on the Centre for a favorable decision on the Telangana issue. The Telangana leaders are demanding the formation of a separate Telangana state and said they will not accept any packages in lieu of the statehood.
- Freedom fighter and Marxist philosopher Parakala Pattabhirama Rao passed away early in the morning. He breathed his final in the early hours at his residence. The CPI State Secretary expressed his condolences.
- Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy will tour in Medak district today. He will address a public meeting in the afternoon.
- A bandh has been called by the political parties in Kadapa in support to the United Andhra Pradesh.
- The 'Jai Andhra' movement leaders have met Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde. They told the minister that they support the bifurcation of the state and the formation of a separate Telangana state will not impact the nation adversely.
- Four infants died in less than 24 hours at a paediatric super specialty ward of Sri Venkateswara Ramnarain Ruia Government General Hospital in Tirupati.
- Karminagar Three Town police have registered a case against MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for an alleged hate speech delivered at a party meeting at Circus grounds on August 22, 2012. The court directed the police to register a case following a complaint by BJP leader Bethi Mahender.