Andhra Pradesh News on January 22, 2013
January 22, 2013 - Hyderabad
- The Seemandhra leaders have met Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad in New Delhi today. The Seemandhra leaders have appealed the minister to convince the Centre to keep the state united. The Seemandhra politicians have stressed upon the fact that keeping the state united will help the party win elections in 2014.
- The Sangareddy court has rejected the bail petition of MIM MP Asaduddin Owaisi. The court has heard the arguments of both the parties in the morning before rejecting the petition.
- A 'Maha dharna' will be staged on the 24th at Indira Park in Hyderabad demanding a separate Telangana state. A pamplet for the protest was released at the Somajiguda press club in Hyderabad today.
- APSRTC MD AK Khan has told the media that the corporation is not thinking about a hike in bus fares. He spoke to the media briefly on his visit to Eluru. AK Khan said that the corporation is looking for other ways to compensate for the loss to the organization due to the recent hike in diesel prices.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation has told the Andhra Pradesh High Court that the Government is not cooperating with them in the investigation of the disproportionate assets case against Kadapa MP Jagan Mohan Reddy. The CBI counsel told the court that they sought information from the government 15 times and the government has not responded to them in any one of their attempts.
- Telangana Congress leaders have met Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde today. Speaking to the media later, Minister D Sridhar Babu said that they are hopeful that the Centre would announce a decision favoring Telangana statehood.
- The MIM party is enforcing bandh in old city protesting the arrest of its leader and MP Asaddudin Owaisi. Commissioner of Police Anurag Sharma said that they have deployed extra police forces to prevent any untoward incident keeping in view of the bandh call.