Andhra Pradesh News on January 20, 2013
January 20, 2013 - Hyderabad
- Anantapur MLA B Gurunath Reddy became the first MLA to tender his resignation demanding to keep the state united. He faxed his resignation letter to the Speaker after being gheraoed by the members of the Samaikyandhra Joint Action Committee. The JAC members then proceeded to the residence of TDP MLA Payyavula Keshav who promised to mount pressure on the Centre to keep the state united.
- Congress MPs said that nothing much should be read from the non-inclusion of the Telangana issue in the party declaration at the Chintan Shivir in Jaipur since the party has already given a deadline of January 28 to resolve the issue.
- TDP MLA and senior leader Gali Muddu Krishnama Naidu said that the Congress and YSR Congress are enacting a drama with an eye on the 2014 elections. His comments came on the backdrop of Vayalar Ravi's comments about a possible merger or alliance between the two parties.
- Senior TDP leader Dadi Veerabhadra Rao held mediation and after TDP politburo member Ayyanna Patrudu tendered his resignation over the suspension of his follower Peela Srinivasa Rao over a scuffle with former minister Bandaru Satyanarayana Murthy. Speaking to media, Veerabhadra Rao said Ayyanna Patrudu has agreed to withdraw his resignation.
- The Consortium of Engineering and Professional Colleges' Managements Association (CEPCMA) has said that the online fee fixation system introduced by the Admissions and Fee Regulatory Committee is against principles of natural justice. The consortium has decided to move High Court against the system.
- The AP State Economically Backward Classes Welfare Association has requested the government to allocate Rs. 5000 crore to Economically Backward Classes in the 2013-14 annual budget.
- Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar has appointed S Ananda Babu as a Member of the Fellowships Committee for Grant of Research Fellowships.
- Addressing a gathering of Swayam Sevaks on the concluding day of three-day 'Hindu Chaitanya Sibiram' at Kaza village in Guntur district, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat said the country's borders were becoming fragile and it has become impossible to keep a watch on the activities of illegal immigrants entering the country.