Andhra Pradesh News on January 2, 2013
January 2, 2013 - Hyderabad
- A case was filed against MIM party MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi at the Parliamentary Street police station. The police registered a case under IPC section 153A against Owaisi for allegedly making hate speech. A social rights activist Shabnam Hashmi has filed the complaint against Akbaruddin.
- The CBI court in Hyderabad has extended the remand of the accused in Obulapuram illegal iron ore mining case, disproportionate assets case and Emaar cases. The court has extended the remand of Gali Janardhan Reddy, Srinivas Reddy, Rajagopal, Jagan Mohan Reddy, Sunil Reddy, Nimmagadda Prasad, Brahmananda Reddy till January 17. The accused in the case has attended the proceedings via video conferencing.
- Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy has reportedly told the Congress leaders that the State is headed for severe power crisis in the next two months. The power utility companies are running short of the assured supply, he said. The Fuel Surcharge Adjustment on power supply will also not change since it was based on Court directions.
- Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah has advised the students to follow the teachings of Swami Vivekananda. He participated in the 150th anniversary function at the Mahabub college in Secunderabad. Rosaiah and Legislative Council chairman Chakrapani inaugurated the exhibition. The Governor also felicitated former students of the college.
- A delegation of the Bharatiya Janata Party has met Chief Minister and urged him to take action against MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for the alleged hate remarks he made at a public meeting last month.
- IT Minister Ponnala Lakshmaiah lays the foundation stone of the IT Incubation tower on Hill No. 3 at the Rushikonda IT park in Visakhapatnam. Speaking on the occasion, he said that the state government is making everything to encourage the IT industry in the State. The minister also announced several sops on the occasion.
- PCC president Botcha Satyanarayana suggested Minister Uttam Kumar Reddy and former Minister Komatireddy Venkat Reddy to refrain from criticizing each other. He said such remarks would hurt the reputation of the party and advised both the leaders to get together and resolve their differences through discussions.
- The AP High Court has adjourned the Polavaram project tender case till January 30. The court has ordered the continution of the stay and directed the government not to make any further deals.
- Minister Mukesh Goud has condemned the rumors that he is likely to join the YSR Congress Party. He said he would abide by the party high command and would contest for any position from any constituency if directed by the party.
- The Union Home Ministry has asked Andhra Pradesh chief secretary Minnie Matthew and Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy to attend a meeting to identify the measures for protection of women. The delegation would leave on Thursday to New Delhi to attend the meeting addressed by Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde.
- A 36-year-old married woman was suspected of having been raped and murdered at Bali Veligandal village near Darsi in Prakasam district. Her body was found in a dried up stream on Wednesday.