Andhra Pradesh News on January 18, 2013
January 18, 2013 - Hyderabad
- Telugu Desam Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu said party founder NT Rama Rao had strove for the welfare of the downtrodden and the poor all through his life. Speaking on the occasion of the 17th death anniversary of the party founder NT Rama Rao, Chandrababu Naidu paid floral tribute to the NTR statue at Khanapur of Nalgonda district. He resumed the second day of his 'Vastunna Mee Kosam' padayatra in Nalgonda.
- Film actor and Telugu Desam leader Nandamuri Balakrishna and Chandrababu Naidu's son Lokesh have paid floral tributes to the party founder NT Rama Rao's statue at Rasulpura in Hyderabad. Later, they inaugurated the 'Amara Jyothi' rally.
- Former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy is produced before the ACB court today in Hyderabad in connection to the cash-for-bail scam.
- Ports and Investment minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao found fault with senior Congress leader Vayalar Ravi's comments that there is no stiff resistance in the Andhra region against the Telangana state. He reminded that as many as 100 public representatives have tendered their resignations from Seemandhra in the past. Srinivasa Rao said he is hopeful that the Centre won't accord a Telangana state on the 28th of this month.
- Over 130 Congress leaders from the State will participate in the Congress convention in Jaipur today. Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy, PCC chief Botcha Satyanarayana, Union Ministers K Jaipal Reddy, Kishore Chandradev Deo, MM Pallam Raju and Chiranjeevi will participate.
- Union Minister D Purandeswari said she would abide by the decision of the Congress central leadership on the Telangana issue. She paid tribute to her father NT Rama Rao on his 17th death anniversary at the NTR Ghat.