Andhra Pradesh News on January 14, 2013
January 14, 2013 - Hyderabad
- Governor ESL Narasimhan, Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy, BJP State president G Kishan Reddy, YSR Congress honorary president YS Vijayamma extended Pongal greetings to the people of the State.
- Labour Minister Danam Nagender said there are clear signs from the Centre that they are inclining towards the creation of a separate Telangana state. Speaking at a media conference in Hyderabad, Nagender said the Centre is contemplating to keep Hyderabad as joint capital for both Telangana and Andhra states for the next 10 years. He urged people of both the regions to accept the proposal to keep Hyderabad as joint capital. He also ruled out the possibility of making Hyderabad a union territory.
- CPI State Secretary K Narayana said the Congress is doomed if their recent promise of a solution on Telangana issue within 30 days is another tactic to delay the formation of Telangana state. He announced that the party would stage a dharna at the Indira Park on the 19th of this month. A poster on the dharna was released at the party office today. Narayana also invited the other political parties in Telangana to join the protests.
- Swami Kamalananda Bharati was arrested by the Kurnool police early in the morning. It is known that Kamalananda Bharati has made offensive remarks against MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi following the hate speech at Nirmal last month. Kamalananda was remanded for 14 days.
- Palakollu police have taken five people into custody for transporting 20,000 litres of diesel without any permits.
- A constable was injured in a clash between the police and maoists at the Korlapalli forest area of Khammam district.