Andhra Pradesh News on January 11, 2013
January 11, 2013 - Hyderabad
- Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy has launched 16 more services to Mee Seva. The scheme now extends to 58 services and caters 70,000 citizens per day. The Chief Minister also inaugurated the 'Mee Seva' Electronic Display board at the Secretariat gate that will display update of transactions.
- Telugu Desam Party senior leaders Erabelli Dayakar, Gali Muddukrishnama Naidu and CM Ramesh led protests of the party in front of the C block of the Secretariat demanding the government to withdraw the proposed plan to increase the power tariff. The TDP leaders initially wanted to stage the protest at Vidyuth Soudha but changed their venue in the last minute.
- Telugu Desam Party senior leader N Chandrababu Naidu has resumed his 'Vastunna Mee Kosam' padayatra on the third day in Khammam. He will cover 18 km today.
- A woman was injured when supporters celebrated the arrival of Congress ministers in Nellore. The incident happened when ministers Anam Ramnarayan Reddy, Pitani and N Raghuveera Reddy arrived in Atmakuru. The injured woman was immediately taken to a nearby hospital. The relatives of the woman obstructed the minister's convoy leading to a tense situation.
- Two persons Navender Murari and Brajesh Vyas in Adilabad have been booked under Section 153 of the Indian Penal Code after they posted a comment on Facebook against MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi.