Andhra Pradesh News on February 27, 2013
February 27, 2013 - Hyderabad
- Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao has appeared before the CBI court today in connection to the disproportionate assets case against Kadapa MP Jagan Mohan Reddy. IAS officers Manmohan Singh and Samuel, Koneru Prasad, BP Acharya, Ayodhya Rami Reddy, Rajagopal, Vijay Sai Reddy also appeared before the court today.
- PCC President Botcha Satyanarayana has appreciated the people of the twin cities on their resolve to stand together against the recent bomb blasts in the city. He launched the deeksha staged at Gandhi Bhavan in Hyderabad condemning the bomb blast. He said that youth alone can fight against terrorism. Speaking on the occasion, Botcha said that the youth congress had already conducted a blood donation camp.
- Ace Badminton player Saina Nehwal offered special prayers at the Venkateswara Temple in Tirumala today. She worshiped during the VIP break in the morning.
- Industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad has filed a bail petition before the Supreme Court today.
- The Indian and Australian cricket teams has reached Hyderabad from Chennai. The second test between the two sites would begin on March 2.
- The engineer hailing from Visakhapatnam who was kidnapped in Assam was released last night. Pydiraju, who was working at the Powergrid corporation as an engineer in Baxa district was kidnapped last Saturday.
- The Samakka-Saralamma china jatara will be observed on Wednesday and Thursday. A large number of devotees are expected on these two days to offer special prayers.
- Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu has resumed his 'Vastunna Mee Kosam' padayatra in Krishna district. He will conclude his yatra in Guntur district and would enter Krishna in Penumoodi and Puligadda.
- Cloth traders and merchants are observing a state wide bandh protesting the imposition of VAT.