Andhra Pradesh News on February 25, 2013
February 25, 2013 - Hyderabad
- The counting of the six MLC elections in 14 districts is being held today. Out of the six seats, three of them are in teachers category and three in graduates. Heavy police force is being deployed at the counting centres.
- The ERC is conducting a public meeting on the proposal to increase the power tarriff in Hyderabad. The CPM party workers led by BV Raghavulu arrived at the meeting with the intention to disrupt it. They lashed out at the meeting saying that it is aimed to bring advantage to some private players.
- President Pranab Mukherjee has arrived at Shar in Nellore to view the launch of PSLV-C20. He arrived at Chennai and then reached Sriharikota in a helicopter. Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy also left to Chennai to accompany the President.
- Minister Kondru Murali Mohan has lashed out against TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu and said that they would file criminal charges against him for the provocative comments made against the Congress party. Congress party chief whip Gandra Venkataramana Reddy also criticized the TDP chief.
- YSR Congress Party leader Sharmila has begun her 'Maro Praja Prasthanam' yatra from Takellapadu in Guntur district.
- Telugu Desam Party leaders stage a peace rally from Paradise circle in Secunderabad condemning the Dilsukhnagar twin bomb blasts. However the police took few leaders into custody as the party doesn't have permission to hold the rally.