Andhra Pradesh News on February 2, 2013
February 2, 2013 - Hyderabad
- Several politicians have visited former minister P Shankar Rao who is undergoing treatment for high blood pressure at the Care hospital. Among those who met and consoled the former minister are Prasad Kumar, N Raghuveera Reddy and BJP leader Ch Vidya Sagar Rao.
- Telugu Desam Party senior leader Devender Goud said the party doesn't have to form an alliance with any other political party in the State. He expressed confidence that the party would fare well in the forthcoming elections. The remarks gained prominence as party leader Erabelli Dayakar Rao recently said they are not opposed to form an alliance with TRS for the co-operative bodies elections.
- Film actor Kalyan Ram met TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu at Nallakunta in Ibrahimpatnam mandal of Krishna district. The TDP chief is currently in Krishna district as part of his 'Vastunna Mee Kosam' padayatra.
- BJP senior leader Venkaiah Naidu alleged that the Congress party is using the CBI, IT and CVC departments for its own political advantage. Speaking to reporters in Hyderabad, Venkaiah Naidu said that the Congress party is using the investigation agencies to target its political rivals.
- The TRS working committee meeting would be held on February 6. TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao would hold discussions on the party's future course of action on the Telangana movement.