DGP Dinesh Reddy's extension rejected
September 26, 2013 - Hyderabad
The State Government on Thursday rejected the application of the DGP V Dinesh Reddy to continue in the office beyond September 30 when he will attain the date of superannuation on the ground of the CBI enquiry into the assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The State Government conveyed its decision to a two-member bench of CAT comprising P Swaroop Reddy and PK Basu to whom Dinesh Reddy moved as there was no response to his representation since August 21. The Government also rejected the contention of Dinesh Reddy that he had one more year of service left as per the directions of the Supreme Court in 2006. The government in a memo filed said that Dinesh Reddy had to retire on attaining the age of 60 years by this month end since as interlocutory application against a fixed term of two years to the DGP was pending in the Supreme Court.
Supreme Court monitoring the probe
The State Government said that the CBI had been asked to submit the status report on the case to the Supreme Court within four months and the apex court is also monitoring the investigation said the Government and added that it is not proper on the part of the government to continue him in the post beyond September 30.
CBI deputes a team
A team of CBI has sent a team of officials to the State Capital to collect documents related to the alleged disproportionate assets amassed by the DGP Dinesh Reddy in the back drop of the ordering an investigation by the Supreme Court. It may be recalled here that the investigating agency registered a preliminary enquiry into the allegations against him on the directions of the Supreme Court.