Andhra Pradesh News on August 18, 2013
August 18, 2013 - Hyderabad
- Protests and agitations are continued in support of a United Andhra state in Srikakulam. Seemandhra activists staged a rasta roko on the national highway at Singapuram.
- APSRTC buses were held at depots in Nellore on the sixth day today. The employees were staging a strike in support of a united Andhra. TDP MLA Ramakrishna Venkatagiri has announced that he would stage an indefinite hunger strike from Monday onwards.
- The State Bank of India branches in Hyderabad and Secunderabad will be open today. The branches will accept Aadhar card number updates and opening of new accounts today.
- The police have registered a case against 20 Samaikyandra activists over the allegations that they were involved in the attack against Rajya Sabha MP V Hanumantha at Alipiri yesterday. Samaikyandra Parirakshana Samithi leaders Balasubramanyam and Raja Reddy were taken into custody.
- The VIP darshan was cancelled on Sunday morning. TTD JEO Srinivasa Raju told the media that they have received donation worth Rs. 24 lakh yesterday.