Andhra Pradesh News on March 13, 2012
March 13, 2012 - Hyderabad
- The opposition parties in the Assembly have demanded a discussion on the Supreme Court's notice to the six ministers in the cabinet. Speaker Nadendla Manohar Reddy has rejected the adjournment motions that were proposed. Minister for legislative affairs D Sridhar Babu tried to pacify the protesting opposition party MLAs saying that the ministers have not received the notice and the contents of the notice were not yet known. Speaker had to adjourn the session for 15 minutes early in the day.
- Speaker met with the floor leaders in the Assembly. The opposition party leaders demanded that the files of 26 Government Order's should be produced before the speaker. A decision on the same would be taken after speaking with the Chief Minister, the speaker said.
- Ministers J Geeta Reddy, Ponnala Lakshmaiah, Dharmana Prasada Rao, Kanna Lakshmi Narayana met with Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy in the morning. Notices were served to these ministers by the Supreme Court yesterday. They have discussed about the opposition party MLAs protests in the Assembly.
- Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy will participate in campaigning for the bye-elections in Telangana from today onwards. He will tour in Kollapur and Nagarkurnool constituencies. He will address a public meeting in Uyyalavada village of Nagarkurnool at 4pm and will return to Hyderabad at 6pm.
- TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao has postponed his Warangal district trip tomorrow. MLA T Harish Rao said that the trip was canceled as the permission for the public meeting and vehicles was not given. KCR will address a public meet in Station Ghanpur on 16th.
- TRS MLA T Harish Rao criticized that the Telugu Desam Party is taking care of not displaying Chandrababu Naidu's photo in their campaign. He said that the TDP leaders are ashamed to display their leader's photo.