Andhra Pradesh News on April 2, 2012
April 2, 2012 - Hyderabad
- CPI(M) State Secretary BV Raghavulu has ridiculed the CBI charge-sheet in the disproportionate assets case against Jagan Mohan Reddy. Raghavulu said that the CBI has left out Ministers and High profile officials from including in the charge-sheet.
- Health Minister D L Ravindra Reddy has demanded a discussion on the land allotments that were done since 1995. Speaking to reporters in Hyderabad, Ravindra Reddy demanded a thorough investigation into liquor shops and allotment of ration cards in Kadapa and Chittoor districts.
- The Andhra Pradesh High Court has rejected the Emaar-MGF petition today. The Emaar-MGF has urged the court to halt the ACB investigation in the case. The court has asked the ACB to provide information they posses to the CBI in relation to the case.
- The CBI court has postponed the bail petition case of Sunil Reddy to April 9th. Sunil Reddy is one of the accused in the Emaar Hills township case. The CBI has presented their arguments to the court today.
- The ACB court has granted bail to four excise officials. The court in Hyderabad has issued orders granting bail to Khammam assistant superintendent Sankarayya, CI Sarweswarnath, Khammam excise deputy commissioner Narasimha Rao, Superintendent Madhusudhan Rao.
- The Supreme Court has rejected the bail petition of senior IAS official Y Sri Lakshmi in the Emaar Hills Township scam. The court has refused to involve in the case.
- Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy began his two-day tour in Chittoor district today. He reached the Renigunta airport in Tirupati at 8:10 am. Rajya Sabha member and former Tirupati MLA K Chiranjeevi accompanied the Chief Minister. They received a grand welcome by the party workers at the airport. District Collector Salman Arogyaraj, Tirupati Urban SP Prabhakar Rao and others welcomed the Chief Minister.
- The Chief Minister will take part in the inauguration of several programmes in Tirupati including the newly built Shirdi Sai temple in Nagari. He will lay the foundation stone for the PG women's hostel in Padmavati women's college. The CM will later inaugurate several buildings on the first day of his trip. He will address a public meeting in the evening and will later head to his hometown of Nagaripalle.
- A SPF constable Rajesh has attempted suicide at the Secretariat in the midnight. The constable has tried to shoot himself at the Nalla Pochamma temple in the Secretariat at about 1 in the midnight. He was admitted in the Apollo hospital immediately and was said to be out of danger. Though, Rajesh maintained that it was an accident, his colleagues were of the view that he might have attempted suicide because of family troubles. Rajesh, a native of Nellore district, has joined the duties at the Secretariat recently. SPF DG TP Das visited Rajesh in the hospital.
- MP Vivek lashed out against the Chief Minister for increasing the fares of the electricity. He said that the government's decision to increase the fares will hurt the industries in the state severely. Though the CM proudly talks about the goal of employing six lakh youth in the state, lakhs of people are losing their employment because of the increase in power tariffs, he said.
- Governor ESL Narasimhan has offered special prayers at the Badrachalam temple along with his wife Monday. The couple has participated in the Sri Rama Pattabishekam at the Midhila stadium.
- YSR Congress Party president Jagan Mohan Reddy will participate in a road show in Narasapuram today. The road show began at the residence of YSR CP handloom convenor D Sainath Prasad. He will cover 35 kilometers in 19 villages today. Jagan will resume the Odarpu yatra in Guntur district from April 17.
- The state unit of the BJP will attempt to lay seize to the electricity substations today and tomorrow. The party is protesting the increase in power tariffs. BJP State president G Kishan Reddy warned the Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy saying that he will face the wrath of the people unless the government revokes the tariff hike immediately.
- Rs. 8.5 lakh were stolen from an ATM which belongs to SBH in Kodada of Nalgonda district. The police have registered a case and are investigating the issue.