Supreme Court makes Sunil Gavaskar interim BCCI president
March 28, 2014 - New Delhi
- Supreme Court on Friday heard the IPL corruption case
- The Apex Court has made Sunil Gavaskar interim BCCI president to look after IPL functions. A senior vice-president of the BCCI board will carry out the rest of the BCCI operations.
- Seventh edition of IPL will be organized as per schedule.
- The Court also allowed Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals to play in IPL 2014.
- BCCI later named Shivlal Yadav to carry out the non-IPL related functions of BCCI.
- Court order said that employees of India Cements must have no role in BCCI except as players or commentators.
- Court said Gavaskar should be released from his contractual obligations of commentary of IPL matches. Gavaskar will receive compensation as interim vice-president of BCCI.
- Court said Gavaskar could decide on IPL COO Sundar Raman's continuance in that role. Gavaskar could also appoint people of his confidence.
- Next hearing of this case will be heard on April 16, 2014.