Ronaldinho admits slump in form
April 18, 2014 - Brasilia
- Brazilian footballer Ronaldinho admitted that his form has slumped as he is fighting for a place in the Brazilian national side.
- Ronaldinho has not played for the national team since April 2013 and the odds of him getting a place in the Brazil's 23-man World Cup squad is far away.
- Speaking to a media outlet Thursday, Ronaldinho said that he is lacking match fitness and that he is working hard to return to form.
- It is still unsure if Ronaldinho will be picked by Atletico Minero in the club's Brazilian Seria A opener against Corinhians on Sunday.
- When asked about the club's pursuit to sign up Nicolas Anelka, Ronaldinho declined to comment saying it is up to the club's directors to make the deal. The club hascalled off their interset in Anelka claiming that the later has failed to commit to a deal before the agreed deadline.
- The 2014 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to take place in Brazil from June 12 to July 13, 2014. It will be the second time Brazil is hosting the World Cup.
- Ronaldinho is a two-time FIFA world player of the year.