AndhraNews.net
Home » Sports News » 2011 » December » December 16, 2011

Villas-Boas says Torres not for sale at any price


December 16, 2011 - London

Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas has said that striker Fernando Torres is not for sale, as reports appeared that he was available for a cut-price of 20 million pounds in the January transfer window.

Spanish star Torres has scored just five goals in 35 appearances for Chelsea since his 50 million pounds move from Liverpool in January.

"It's not true, he is not available at any price. Everybody wants to be involved all the time but Fernando is pushing for a place with Didier Drogba," Villas-Boas said.Didier is on a good run at the moment but I am sure when Fernando is called up he will respond with the quality and talent he has. The question of when we will see him back; sooner or later, we don't know. We have to make the best decisions for the team."

Drogba is set to travel to the African Nations Cup at the end of January for around three weeks, The Sun reports.

Villas-Boas is confident that he has the firepower to cope in Drogba's absence.

"There was a period earlier this season when both Fernando and Didier were not available through suspension. Fernando first, then Didier after. We still had plenty of selection and players available. We had Lukaku, Sturridge and Anelka," he said.illas-Boas also revealed that Chelsea is in talks with Drogba over a new contract.

ANI

Comment on this story

Share